• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Questions about RSA KEY

Zodia

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone.

I have some questions about RSA, and I would like some guidance. I currently use Tibianic Client for my server. I also use TFS 1.2 (Nostalrius 7.72) and I was wondering how I could add RSA to the Client. It's possible?
What do I need to do for this? Adaptations at Source? Any tutorial or topic for me to read? If it is not feasible I would be willing to switch to an OTclient ...

The most important thing is to make them use only the client that I provide. Because many players access using other clients and that is a problem. All information is important, since I don't understand the subject. Thanks!

Do you want to ensure that only your client is connected to your OT Server using encryption (e.g. authentication with X.509 certificates)?

edit - removes pointless text related to my misreading an acronym <

Last edited:
I can explain how to use crypto to do it, but I can't help with the coding.
I work with software that has this capability built into it - i.e. it can make a TLS connection with other copies of itself out in the network.

You don't need TLS to use asymmetric crypto, but it's probably the easiest way ... unless there's already something in OT.
If OT already has something, you just need to use it properly.

I think the next step for someone who knows to tell me if OT has crypto support, and if so to link some docs, or explain it.
If it turns out to be an in-game implementation of e.g. TLS, it might be possible to find some open-source code that can implement the client side.

BTW: TLS is what's usually referred to as "SSL" and is implied by the "S" in HTTPS. SSL is deprecated, so when precision matters, the magic combination is "TLS 1.2" (or higher - TLS 1.3 is available).

As for locking in a client: what you need to do is to introduce an un-fakeable client identifier into the picture. This can be done via cryptography ... but the downside is that you need to have the crypto working on both endpoints to take advantage of it :)

Back