• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Questions on config.lua - TFS 0.4 Rev 3777 for Tibia 8.6

rogerthat

Mapper
Reaction score
Hail OTLand!

I am configuring my OTServer for Tibia 8.6, and I have couple questions on some lines from config.lua that Im not sure what they mean or what they are supposed to do...

Could you guys help me out with them? Even if you know only one, it will already be helpful to me!

Code:
-- Unjustified kills
  useFragHandler = true
  advancedFragList = false

-- Battle
  addManaSpentInPvPZone = true
  fistBaseAttack = 7

-- Connection config
   loginOnlyWithLoginServer = false

-- Map
  randomizeTiles = true
   storeTrash = true

-- Spells
   formulaLevel = 5.0
   formulaMagic = 1.0
  unifiedSpells = true

-- Limits
  playerQueryDeepness = 2

-- Blessing
  blessingReductionBase = 30
   blessingReductionDecrement = 5
   eachBlessReduction = 8

-- Stamina
  rateStaminaThresholdGain = 12

-- Mailbox block
  mailMaxAttempts = 2

mailBlockPeriod = 60 * 60 * 1000

mailAttemptsFadeTime = 60 * 60 * 1000

-- General
  generateAccountSalt = false
  allowedMaxSizedPackets = 3
  mysqlReconnectionAttempts = 3
  tibiaClassicSlots = true
  useMultiClient = false
  enableProtectionQuestForGM = true

I'm using the TFS 0.4 Rev 3777.
Thank you very much!

Code:
useFragHandler = !frags command if im not mistaken
advancedFragList = shows hours, left till the unjust is removed.

addManaSpendInPvPZone = if you use mana in a pvpzone(can be added via rme) the player will get higher mlvl by using mana there.
firstBaseAttack = no ide

loginOnlyWithLoginServer = if im not mistaken that only allows the hoster to login to the server.

randomizeTiles = no ide
storeTrash = says itself

formulaLevel = the formula used to base the players lvl * a certin value * the config value = spell damage
formulaMagic = --||-- same as above, just that its the magic level insted of the magic level do deal the spell damage
unifiedSpells = no ide

playerQueryDeepness = no ide

blessingReductionBase = the mininum of what the blessing reduces if im not mistaken.
blessingReductionDecrement = the amount of blessings you need to get the maximun reduction I think
eachBlessReduction = says itself

rateStaminaThresHoldGain = the time where the player start to not gain any exp at all I think

mailMaxAttemps = the amount of tries to send it to the wrong player? aka No ide
maiLBlockPeriod = the time you will be blocked from sending parcles/letters etc.
mailAttemptsFadeTime = the amount that they "check" how many you sent if im not mistaken.

generateAccountSalt = a kind of encrytion to protect passwords in your database, id use true but then you have to use account managers that works with it (ex this one, https://github.com/gesior/Gesior2012/tree/TFS-0.4_rev_3703%2B)
allowedMaxSizedPackets = have no ide what it does, but has something to do with what the player does, lower it to 1 and you won't be able to use gm's commands etc, kinda to look after bots I think.
mysqlReconnetionAttempts = the amount the server tries to connect to your database, will only happen if its not active, otherwise it picks up at the first one I think.
tibiaClassicSlots = no ide
useMultiClient = allow players with the same ip to login I guess
enableProtectionQuestForGms = if you are on a gm character and tries to open a chest, it returns false (will not give you the item) in case a gm tps around to get the best items for his lvl 8.

Hope that will help you abit, ive set up ALOT of server using 0.4 both for myself and paying customers, and most of these things can be left alone.

Back