• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quests & Scripts Tips

Cloow

Reaction score
Hello, im not sure if this is the right place to post (if not please move it)

Anyways, on topic.

I would want you guys to post nice ideas of quests and stuff like that.

Talkactions, actions, movements etc.

OBS: NOT SCRIPTS! Just ideas :)

anything other than "kill X of this monster" and "take this item to this person", make it more involving like "collect these two items, put them on a table and pull the lever and you and your team of 4 will be teleported to Ferumbras" and put a chest in there and obv. you get loot from Ferumbras

that's what tibia lacks, engaging quests... the only one that was interesting was the Paradox Tower one, but when that was solved it got boring

-- It requires some mapping: --
Add a lever next to Ferumbras' throne on Kharos. (With a firefield over it)

"Ferumbras' return"

Legend: Ferumbras has been slain twice, yet there is still magical powers near his throne.

Required items:
Ferumbras' Hat
100 Demonic Essence
Destroy Field rune.

- To start the quest go to NPC (You choose which one, imo. Wyrdin)
Player: Ferumbras
NPC: Ferumbras is a great sorceror, however he is filled with hatred. He has been banned from our lands for years! However, the famous Nightmare Knights have seen strange things come from the forbidden islands. Ferumbras is [returning]! (Blue)
Player: Returning
NPC: As we speak, Ferumbras is absorbing the hatred among the tibian world, growing stronger each day. Once he is strong enough, he will summon himself an army of demonic beings, and strike against our continent. Only way to stop him, is by attacking him while he is [resting].
Player: Resting
NPC: [Stop] Ferumbras now, before it is too late!
Player: Stop
NPC: You must put 100 demonic essences on his throne, it will force him to appear inside the room. I do not know more about him, you should ask NPC for more information. Just mention my name.

-- Player asks the new NPC --

Player: NPC (this case, wyrdin)
NPC: Ahh! Wyrdin has told you the unbelievable truth. I guess you know about Ferumbras' return,
?
Player: Right
NPC: Alright. Before I can tell you anymore, you must prove that you are strong enough for face Ferumbras in his stronger state. Bring me Ferumbras' hat, from his last attack!

-- Once gathered, player comes back --
Player: Ferumbras' hat (or ferumbras hat)
NPC: I have faith in you, what you are about to do will be remembered by the citizen of Edron forever.
NPC: To face Ferumbras yet again, you must destroy the firefield next to his throne, it will grant you access to a lever controlling the throne. Once you have deposited the 100 demonic essence on the throne, pull the leaver, and prepare for a bloody battle!
NPC: First 4 Demons will appear, some seconds later will there appear 2 undead dragons, and as it wasn't enough will there come another wave of minions unknown of their kind.
NPC: That is all I know, goodbye for now, and may God bless you.

Needs to be scripted:
- Transcripts
- 100 demonic essence + pull lever =
4 demons within 5 seconds, within the next 50 seconds will 2 undead dragons spawn, within the next 60 seconds will 2 demons, 4 nightmares, 2 behemoths, 2 warlocks spawn, and again within 2 minutes will 5 warlocks, 2 demon, 2 lost souls spawn. Then within 5 minutes will Ferumbras* spawn.

*Ferumbras will not be the normal Ferumbras. He will;
Have more life.
Give more exp.
Deal more damage.
Heal more often.
Summon up to 6 demons.
Have armageddon spell (you choose the damage)

I believe you must create a new monster with same looks as Ferumbras, also maybe add "Returned Ferumbras" as name :p

Everybody can use following quest if they want :)

-- It requires some mapping: --
Add a lever next to Ferumbras' throne on Kharos. (With a firefield over it)

"Ferumbras' return"

Legend: Ferumbras has been slain twice, yet there is still magical powers near his throne.

Required items:
Ferumbras' Hat
100 Demonic Essence
Destroy Field rune.

- To start the quest go to NPC (You choose which one, imo. Wyrdin)
Player: Ferumbras
NPC: Ferumbras is a great sorceror, however he is filled with hatred. He has been banned from our lands for years! However, the famous Nightmare Knights have seen strange things come from the forbidden islands. Ferumbras is [returning]! (Blue)
Player: Returning
NPC: As we speak, Ferumbras is absorbing the hatred among the tibian world, growing stronger each day. Once he is strong enough, he will summon himself an army of demonic beings, and strike against our continent. Only way to stop him, is by attacking him while he is [resting].
Player: Resting
NPC: [Stop] Ferumbras now, before it is too late!
Player: Stop
NPC: You must put 100 demonic essences on his throne, it will force him to appear inside the room. I do not know more about him, you should ask NPC for more information. Just mention my name.

-- Player asks the new NPC --

Player: NPC (this case, wyrdin)
NPC: Ahh! Wyrdin has told you the unbelievable truth. I guess you know about Ferumbras' return,
?
Player: Right
NPC: Alright. Before I can tell you anymore, you must prove that you are strong enough for face Ferumbras in his stronger state. Bring me Ferumbras' hat, from his last attack!

-- Once gathered, player comes back --
Player: Ferumbras' hat (or ferumbras hat)
NPC: I have faith in you, what you are about to do will be remembered by the citizen of Edron forever.
NPC: To face Ferumbras yet again, you must destroy the firefield next to his throne, it will grant you access to a lever controlling the throne. Once you have deposited the 100 demonic essence on the throne, pull the leaver, and prepare for a bloody battle!
NPC: First 4 Demons will appear, some seconds later will there appear 2 undead dragons, and as it wasn't enough will there come another wave of minions unknown of their kind.
NPC: That is all I know, goodbye for now, and may God bless you.

Needs to be scripted:
- Transcripts
- 100 demonic essence + pull lever =
4 demons within 5 seconds, within the next 50 seconds will 2 undead dragons spawn, within the next 60 seconds will 2 demons, 4 nightmares, 2 behemoths, 2 warlocks spawn, and again within 2 minutes will 5 warlocks, 2 demon, 2 lost souls spawn. Then within 5 minutes will Ferumbras* spawn.

*Ferumbras will not be the normal Ferumbras. He will;
Have more life.
Give more exp.
Deal more damage.
Heal more often.
Summon up to 6 demons.
Have armageddon spell (you choose the damage)

I believe you must create a new monster with same looks as Ferumbras, also maybe add "Returned Ferumbras" as name :p

Everybody can use following quest if they want :)

It's nice ;) Thanks.

MORE IDEAS PLEASE!​

anything other than "kill X of this monster" and "take this item to this person", make it more involving like "collect these two items, put them on a table and pull the lever and you and your team of 4 will be teleported to Ferumbras" and put a chest in there and obv. you get loot from Ferumbras

that's what tibia lacks, engaging quests... the only one that was interesting was the Paradox Tower one, but when that was solved it got boring

+500000

just be creative. make tasks and not just chests.

ex.
create an npc whos trust u need to gain. gather the berries from his field. then u have to slay a FEW trolls for him. then he will allow u to join his "club" then make some sort of team quest below his house. make a few plates players need to stand on to open a gate. then only one player can go and fight his way to the chest. everyone in the team will need to then take turns going through the gate will the rest of the team holds the gates open.

u can have a bunch of different things. be creative with the way npc's talk. Say the NPC wants an apple

most people do this
"bring me apple"
try
"i would really like to try a red fruit."
it could be a strawberry or an apple or a cherry etc...
or
"someone told me about these fruits that grow on trees, can u find me one to try?"
that way the player has to think a little. it could be a pear or an apple, or an orange, or coconut, or mango, etc....

^ what this guy said! try and bring some thought into the quests... challenging quests are much more fun than "you'll need lvl 1000 to be strong enough to kill this one"

and i like Cake's idea too, something more involving than "kill this monster" is what separates good servers from generic servers

hmm, Mad Mage Room was kinda nice, Dreamer's Challenge, full desert quest

just now everything is spoiled what destroys fun

hmm, Mad Mage Room was kinda nice, Dreamer's Challenge, full desert quest

just now everything is spoiled what destroys fun

even poi was fun but was ruined by spoilers and clearing teams....

-----

make sure you have a nice player base too before you make quests that are too involved. many OT players are lazy dont like to think.

Back