• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quick, basic map generation

STiX

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Need to quickly spin up the framework for an island?
There are many map generation tools available for use or download online.

For this example, I have used this map generator.
With some quick slider adjustments, I had created a landmass I was suitable with - now just a few final steps to get it ready for use.
  1. Save a screenshot of the landmass
  2. Pull it into xMapShape (or various other available programs, e.g. BMP to OTX) and map the colours that should correspond to different tiles
  3. Export to an OTBM file and pull it into your map editor
  4. Select 'Edit', 'Border Options' then select 'Borderize Map'
  5. Select 'Edit', 'Border Options' then select 'Randomize Map'
Now you just need to do some light clean-up, such as for borders around 1sqm tiles, and you're good to go!

ou24vxh.png

Last edited:
Another alternative program to use to generate the base images is Amidst, which will display landmasses in-line with Minecraft world generation. This can use both an existing world seed (if you're a player, this is handy to reproduce your world in Minecraft), but otherwise as a random seed function (Ctrl+R) to cycle through worlds.

I quickly plucked out this:

SM41azE.png

And turned it into this through the same process:

acsvIi1.png

6acerNl.png

Last edited:
can you share that island with red earth in the middle ? I like very much this format

Bump, @STiX is there any chance to reupload xMapShape here?

Back