• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps!

Its "showoff" dude, dont need to be playable ;)
I however think you have the right idea @jonanec, i think it it could be better mapped but the idea is kind of awesome.. with another theme i think it could match the cyclops feeling.
Lolwut, I assumed we kinda left the whole "mapping-for-estetic" back at 2009 and Chauz. From what I remember most of us creativemappers got alot of critizism for doing just that, thus why we adapted to a more playerfriendly style.

I personally do not like it very much. Neither from a practical point of view nor how it looks like from an estetic point of view.
I like that he has the courage to try out new stuff. Even though it might fail in the end. Keep it coming and show us what else you have in mind!

This is how my Acadamy of Magic looks like below main level. Sewers with rats and bats surrounded by multiple hutning spots for high levels.

1576003381880.png

1576003439089.png

Secret hunting spot nr 1. Guess monster types.

1576003469430.png

Level +2

1576003339854.png

Level +4

1576003712293.png

Last edited:
unknown.png

Was gonna join the Mapping Competition, but wasn't very satisfied with the result. Looked very average, did this shit in like 20 minutes. Haven't mapped in a couple of years...

View attachment 40916

And why can't "average" be considered as excellent work? I like it, it's more pleasing than you think.

It's a nice map and awesome to fit in a server or bigger world. The amount of details is just perfect to play and still having that feeling.
Anyways, I am with you that it probably does not create the feeling that is needed for the contest just right now. Still you could have used the image by putting some more "life" into it.
I would not call it average, it's pretty decent and probably inspires some people in case of detailing of their entries.

Bump u are rocking this thread! I always wanted to be able to map this way. When i go to bed, my feelings will be ambivalent, on the one side i will be fucking jealous, on the other i will be amazed and excited.

Tbh. I'm a bit disappointed in you this time... This isn't your best. :(
Anyways I like the setting.
Was thinkin' about when he told me not everything today is autobordering. So yeah. ;p This didnt seem to have to much effort into it sadly. Play around with bordering a lil more. This looks a lil' plain.

@Blackstone I do agree with you mate, but its not done yet.
@Demon Eldorath I didn't put very much effort into it yet, so i do agree with you aswell :) ps. no autobordering was used :p

But as i said, its not done yet. wanted to post something, was some time since. and maybe give someone inspiration so they post something aswell!
little bump in the new quick showoff y'all know 😅

@Blackstone I do agree with you mate, but its not done yet.
@Demon Eldorath I didn't put very much effort into it yet, so i do agree with you aswell :) ps. no autobordering was used :p

But as i said, its not done yet. wanted to post something, was some time since. and maybe give someone inspiration so they post something aswell!
little bump in the new quick showoff y'all know 😅
Other than the ridge (which is the entrance level) the rest could've been done with modified border.xml in autoborder, we used modified xml alot for doodads and bordering. I even wasted some time today mapping a tut-piece since I was so disappointed C'x

dwad.png

Showoff old shit, aswell of showing @Andréew <3 Mix floorusage even outdoors, and mixgrass to different layers to the ground.
Its not a done piece but something I did as rugged nature.
exp.png

can u talk more about modified xml? Interesting
Something we used in Illyrium, and probably other teams aswell, but Macedoon put ALOT of efforts making all of our styles and RAW decisions into doodads so even the most opåen shittiest nomanland would become interesting and not the default Doodad spam and sample-otbm files for copy n paste doodads.

Back