• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps!

To answer the lack of feedback from my point of view in your Thread.

it's always the same style, the same city, and always the same screenshots just a few steps apart.

Well, its Not true. I usually combine very Different styles, mostly barock (but without gardens) with a bit rennaisance and a little bit gotic (not so much filigrane details and spitzbögen). But most of the time its barock/rennaisance.

Anyway, Taken together they create a unique look and Atmosphere.

I rly dont know other city Sprites I could use to recreate these styles.
Post automatically merged:

And on my coming piece, I have Put some great corinthian pillars! It will go more into the rennaisance direction. Too much barock lately ....

Trying around to get a Mayan style. I'm building the tempels with items 18005 - 18008. I find it hard to find the right sprites to build it, since the angle of the temple is sharper than the stairs, and they meet on the last step.

Tips are welcome!

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_davidbressan_files_2018_10_SCHWEN_El_Castillo.jpg

screenshot_2021-03-3-19-19-21.png

I would say, don’t look blindly on your inspiration picture and try to map just like it, you need to adapt to the tibia style..

I’ve made jungle ruins with the same ids, check it out too see how I did it, it might help you :)

Trying around to get a Mayan style. I'm building the tempels with items 18005 - 18008. I find it hard to find the right sprites to build it, since the angle of the temple is sharper than the stairs, and they meet on the last step.

Tips are welcome!

View attachment 55760

View attachment 55761

A different tip you could keep in mind when mapping Photo-to-otbm, is to start with the basic shape of it and then mold outwards by stacking similar items. Regardless of color schemes matching up or not at the beginning, you at least learn how to play around with architecture more and it will always lead to new ideas as well.

Did this in about 20 mins just so you can get an idea, and I left it blank on purpose so anyone can pick it apart and look at the structure piece by piece. Again, this is just for ideas, and to kind of give an example of what @Andréew was saying about adapting to the Tibia style more.
Also because I don't have many CiP sprites left in my spr so I was really "limiting myself," as some would say.

piramide.png

Attachments

I would say, don’t look blindly on your inspiration picture and try to map just like it, you need to adapt to the tibia style..

I’ve made jungle ruins with the same ids, check it out too see how I did it, it might help you :)

A different tip you could keep in mind when mapping Photo-to-otbm, is to start with the basic shape of it and then mold outwards by stacking similar items. Regardless of color schemes matching up or not at the beginning, you at least learn how to play around with architecture more and it will always lead to new ideas as well.

Did this in about 20 mins just so you can get an idea, and I left it blank on purpose so anyone can pick it apart and look at the structure piece by piece. Again, this is just for ideas, and to kind of give an example of what @Andréew was saying about adapting to the Tibia style more.
Also because I don't have many CiP sprites left in my spr so I was really "limiting myself," as some would say.

@Andréew
I think that's part of my shortcomings at the moment. Still need to discover my own way how to enter my ideas into Tibia. Where can I find your jungle ruins?

@SCREECH
That's actually a good idea. I'll give it another try this weekend.

Really appreciate the feedback guys.

@SCREECH I like how is looking, but I think you can improve it more. Thoose stairs as contour looks a bit confusing, maybe try some limestone walls, or something that looks smoother, to get closer to the Maya reference. The stone walls above the stairs looks kind of forced too. Hope the feedback helps somehow, regards!

borders.png

@SCREECH I like how is looking, but I think you can improve it more. Thoose stairs as contour looks a bit confusing, maybe try some limestone walls, or something that looks smoother, to get closer to the Maya reference. The stone walls above the stairs looks kind of forced too. Hope the feedback helps somehow, regards!

View attachment 55840
I noticed this exactly as well as soon as I posted it! Trust me, it's far from finished, as these are going to just be templates for what will actually go into the map.

Also, I'm devoiding from the Mayan reference as it was only originally that when I saw Wolfclaws post, and then my artist showed me his vampire concepts and tileset, so I started working on this further 🙏

Back