• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Radeon's Mapping

Radeon

Scarlet Horn's Mapper
Reaction score
Hi guys. Im a new mapper and also a new user of this site.

My goals when I joined this site, was to get advice, inspiration, and of course join in the mapping community!

Im going to post up some pictures of my mapping.
I hope you guys will like it!
Please rate my mapping with 0-10 and I would gladly hear some advices :)

Regards, Radeon

My first mountain ever made <.<
firstmountain.png

It's almost as it should be. Personally I only don't like the fact, that there is a mountain on water. Also the part against the bridge is just in one line, means it looks a little bit squary.

Ye Indeed, but I have to remind you that he's a new mapper, so I think it looks gr8! keep it up!

Last edited:
It's almost as it should be. Personally I only don't like the fact, that there is a mountain on water. Also the part against the bridge is just in one line, means it looks a little bit squary.

I indeed with that the mountain is much nicer when it aint on water. I have added floor and fixed a few decoration stuff ;p
please respect that im a new mapper and doesnt got the full skills... Please give me advices and rate my mapping :) (A)

Here is the re-mapped mountain;
firstmountain2.png

jADhAp7wua.jpg

Bugs:
The dirt hole, coming up it will land you on the v border.

The whirlpool just doesn't fit :/ neither does the Black stalagmites in the top left.

Bugs:
The dirt hole, coming up it will land you on the v border.

The whirlpool just doesn't fit :/ neither does the Black stalagmites in the top left.

Thx 4 advicing, but am using a special stair downstairs that makes ppls who jumps out of the hole, land ^.
I also agree about the whirlpool, just placed it there 4 fun:p

It was advice to make the map complete. Aint saying that it was ugly or so :p. It's nice actually. People should map everything a bit like that. Not to detailled but also not to low on details.

Thx :) any more ideas to make the map even nicer? :)

I meant it looks great ;P

Thx alot m8! :D

More pictures comes later :D

Well the mountain is nice now.. you should add more grass and so on.. It should be larger .

Thx:) Ill add some more details on it later..

Here comes a few new stuff I have been working on, and its my first try...
Hope u guys like it :D

My first "castle" ever made:
firstcastle1.png

From the top:
firstcastle.png

Here is another pic :D
my FIRST natur
natur.jpg

Last edited:
Trees should be putted into groups. There are many tutorials about how to map nature on otland, search for that! Further it's good that you combinate the different water borders, but you should try to look to an alternative insteed of the two overlapping borders. I think if you delete the trees on the patch its mutch better!

ur mapping pretty good for a guy who just started. here are some usefull tips:

1. Most 'pro' mappers only use these threes: poplar:2708, pine:2712, fir three:2700, beech:2707 & birch:8313.
2. They also mostly map there grass raw, most mappers prefer the grass:6219.
3. you should add other kind of nature like: mangrove threes: 5390-5399, 'mossy stones'(name as in doodadbrush) id: grass8140-8167
4. you should make something special, which will make your work look special.
example:
3501bpg.png

hope hese tips were helpfull.
all the best with ur mapping.

greetz, Illusion.

Update!
mountainhouse.jpg

Like it? Please comment and gimmi some advices!
Regards, Radeon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom