• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Raids

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Im not sure about this but it feels like all servers that have raids make the raids go on RNG.

If you want a more RPG feeling to it there should be some kind of a build up Before the raid executes.
Orcs for instance.
-after 1000 slain orcs, server wide, they do slightly more damage
-2000 slain orcs, slightly increased hp
-3000 more damage again
-4000 faster spawn rate. they are angry.
-after 5000 orcs, server wide, that have been killed the raid will execute.

Something like this could build up some kind of tension in the server. People will know that the orcs are stronger and spawn rate is Quick. A raid will come very soon.

This could be used for anything, low level undeads, minotaurs. Also this would make low level players and high level players maybe not skip content later on. Because there is something nice that drops from the raids and mobs to be killed.

thoughts?

I agree RNG raids are kinda simple and boring.

Im working on a new mmorpg heavily based on Tibia with tons on enhanced features.

To make Raids / Invasions more interesting i working on something like:

Scouts, that unless killed in a certain time frame bring in a larger spawn.

When a raid start, players will be forced to patrol the city walls, there will be Banners around, and then when the player approaches if there are no monsters around the spawner messages "The coast looks clear, you rehang the banner". The banne will say *waves in the wind*, This give some really good visuals and fiction to actually trying to patrole the walls.

Spawns that check to see the last time any player was in the area and spawns based on that, i.e. the concept of an un-protected area or un-patrolled area getting hit.

Engineer mobs that attack walls. I got this done, every wall,house or item can be destroyable. (Got this idea from Lord of the rings, Helms deep battle)

Just imagine an orc carrying a torch ruinning towards the city wall, if hes not killed in time , the orc will explode and the wall get destroyed.

A tunneling set up, a group of mobs start emoting they are making a tunnel, and if not stopped in time, sneak groups pops up under the walls.

Scavengers, mobs that only attack if there is a weak player in the area.

If monsters reach the middle of the City and destroy lets say a ''magic crystal'' that town will get closed, every player ported out, players wont be able to travel there anymore, until next week they have a chance to conquest it back by sieging it.

Since im not using any distro out there but a custom emulator software, the posibilities are endless.

Currently im importing every sprite to the game files, such a time consuming task.

Back