• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ram!!

Mr Osama

Glorious-Ot
Reaction score
I have 2gb ram VPS and im wondering if somebody can advise me am i able to run an ot on it,
what size of map can i run onit!?

Thanks!

If you already have the VPS I suppose you can just test it out.

i already have it and im running conquer server on it if u know but i got bored somebody told me i can run an evo map on it but i want to know size etc.

Windows will be the bottleneck here using just 512-1024mb RAM just for running the OS. Go for linux :)

Ive set up a global map on my pc using ubuntu, i cant say how much ram was being consumed by the OS
But the Tfs was using about 2.7 gb

However i also runned a Evo using the amazon free vps, 1gb ram. Ofc i made a lil modification in the map to fit into (yalahar deleted) but it was a minor issue

The online player count doesnt increase the ram usage that much

Ive set up a global map on my pc using ubuntu, i cant say how much ram was being consumed by the OS
But the Tfs was using about 2.7 gb

However i also runned a Evo using the amazon free vps, 1gb ram. Ofc i made a lil modification in the map to fit into (yalahar deleted) but it was a minor issue

The online player count doesnt increase the ram usage that much
thanks for your feedback but i have a map and it's size is 45MB would my vps be enough to run it without lags?

Back