• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Random day on my test server.

Quite impressed that your server didn't lag when that black/blue wave was rolling out. It looked like it was on all floors.

Quite impressed that your server didn't lag when that black/blue wave was rolling out. It looked like it was on all floors.
You can thank the new scheduler optimizations they did some commits ago, made a whole lot of a difference.

This was amazing! And I should call it an incredible coincidence :mad: that late night I was thinking about a "big-bang" or "nuclear" explosion spell which would kill everything within a given radius :p
It would have been funnier if people were around and didn't had a clue of what was going on!

That was awesome!
Thanks for using OTClient to display it, it would have probably looked like crap on the CIP client.

Red

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param, type)
    local timer = tonumber(param)

local player = Player(cid)
    local pos = player:getPosition()
    for i = 0, math.max(0, timer - 1000), 10 do
      for j = 1, 2 do
        local DistEffects = {CONST_ANI_ENERGYBALL, CONST_ANI_ENERGY, CONST_ANI_SMALLSTONE, CONST_ANI_LARGEROCK}
        local fromPos = Position(pos.x + math.random(-85, 85), pos.y + math.random(-85,85), pos.z)
        addEvent(Position.sendDistanceEffect, i, fromPos, pos, DistEffects[math.random(1,#DistEffects)])
        addEvent(Position.sendMagicEffect, i, fromPos, CONST_ME_GROUNDSHAKER)
      end
    end
    addEvent(function(player, pos)
    local c = 0
    for r = 1, 100, 0.75 do
      c = c + 1
      local o = 2 * math.pi * r
      addEvent(function(o, r, pos)
        for i = -math.pi, math.pi, (math.pi * 2) / o do
          for z = pos.z, 2, -1 do
          local newPos = Position(
            pos.x + math.ceil(-0.5 + r * math.cos(i)),
            pos.y + math.ceil(-0.5 + r * math.sin(i)),
            z
          )
          local nextPos = Position(
            pos.x + math.ceil(-0.5 + (r + 1.75) * math.cos(i)),
            pos.y + math.ceil(-0.5 + (r + 1.75) * math.sin(i)),
            z
          )
          local Effects = {CONST_ME_BLACKSMOKE, CONST_ME_FIREWORK_BLUE, CONST_ME_GROUNDSHAKER, CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA}
          newPos:sendMagicEffect(Effects[math.random(1, #Effects)])
          local tile = Tile(newPos)
          if (tile) then
            local creature = tile:getTopCreature()
            if creature then
              if creature:isMonster() or creature:isPlayer() then
                doTargetCombatHealth(player,creature,COMBAT_UNDEFINEDDAMAGE,-2000,-2000,CONST_ME_ENERGYHIT)
                local nt = Tile(nextPos)
                if nt then
                  if not nt:hasProperty(CONST_PROP_BLOCKSOLID) then
                    creature:teleportTo(nextPos, true)
                  end
                end

end
            end
          end
        end
        end
      end,
      math.floor(c * 35),
      o, r, pos
      )
    end
    end,
    timer,
    player,
    pos
    )

return true
end

Hope you got a beefy computer, Try the latest nightly from github incase the sceduling is low :p
Currently a radius of 100 tiles.

awesome but the first thingy was done years ago on chasm (back in 2009), you "prayed" and it was pretty much the same exact animation with holy animations coming towards you it took a couple of seconds to charge up and at the end of it you got some really good buff, would be cool to see effects like this in a server again

Well The amount of effects sent there was made on a local connections, Dont expect it to be usable in an actual server :p, Its actually very rare to send that much data just for effects in a game, Usually the client of other games only triggers like a preproccessed effect, but it does allow for alot of variation especially on a MMO-game ;3

Back