• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Random/Newbie Questions

preguntonontrac

Reaction score
Hi,
recently i got an idea for a custom server and after reading a lot of the tutorials available i still dont know some things. Maybe some of them can be answered if i keep digging but most of them are not in the tutorials i read. If there is indeed a topic covering my question just post the link, i love to read.

I want to know if the following things are done only through programming/editing the source code? ...or if i can accomplish them in a easier way and how?:

1) In the latest tibia protocols or TFS distros, can i remove the equipment or items level requirements so it can be used by anyone no matter the level? (Mainly for equipment and potions, maybe runes)

2)Player Vs Player exp by level/percent of exp? For example 10% of an enemy exp, no matter what level are you if you kill someone with 230 exp it will give you 23 exp (i dont like tibia's current pvp enforced formula)

3)Getting promotion without needing premium. example Be able to buy in-game promotion with in-game gold but also having real money premium with benefits like area access and less death loss.

4)Keys or quest item banishes after use?

5)Quest items creating tps/portal for x time. Example i use a key somewhere and it creates a tp to another place for 10 mins so your party can go too...

6) Frags dont ban but you get the red skull and its effects.

7) Red skull gone after you get killed.

8)Players drops their loot ruled by normal tibia chances but it will also drop custom loot depending on lvl. example you are level 10 you die normally and you drop 10 gold + your normal loot.

9) Changing amulet of loss to amulet of life in the latest protocols. I read a tutorial long ago on otfans but i could not find it here.

Client:

10)Is there something similar to Vapus custom client maker?

11)In case i use an old protocol like 7.4 how i add dx9 support? Any link will be great.

Random/Misc questions: (some none important questions i am curious about)

12)Website displaying a player's current equipment? Can this be done?

All of your questions can be done without too much edit/scripts...
Just check the docs inside your distro folder but I'm not quite sure about the custom client :(

All of your questions can be done without too much edit/scripts...
Just check the docs inside your distro folder but I'm not quite sure about the custom client :(

Yeah i figured some can be done by lua scripting like the quest items questions i asked but... i wanna know if all can be achieved for sure by lua scripting or which ones can only done by programming? I want to make sure since i dont wanna waste days learning scripting or trying to script them to figure out later i need to know programming.

About the client i think most of these 7.4 servers are actually using 7.7~ clients and changing the map to 7.4 so it looks like 7.4 but it is actually 7.7...

Thanks for the answer still!

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone tell me how i accomplish each question for example: (question number/ by doing what and where it is)

1)Scripting Lua in the npc folder promotion lua
2)Programming
3)Editing items xml in items folder.

Last edited:
Back