• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ranked??? Some questions :-)

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am lvl 29 and heading to 30. Now can anybody of you simply explain to me how ranked and all dat duo que or other ques work?
Regards,
//Damon

Hey guys! I am lvl 29 and heading to 30. Now can anybody of you simply explain to me how ranked and all dat duo que or other ques work?
Regards,
//Damon

in ranked games you will be placed with people around your skill level. you can rank up but you can also rank down. and duo Q is just what it sounds like when you Duo with somebody else like a team of 2 or so

Please don't play ranked as soon as you hit level 30, you aren't ready for it unless you want to guarantee yourself a spot in bronze [ the worst of the worst players of league ]

My advice to you is: don't play ranked until you know every champ and all their abilities by heart, you can last hit without even thinking about it, you can play multiple roles, you have all the tier 3 runes you need, and you understand when/how to push and take objectives.

A good time to start thinking about playing ranked is when you have minimum 400 wins in normals and you feel confident about your gameplay.

Please don't play ranked as soon as you hit level 30, you aren't ready for it unless you want to guarantee yourself a spot in bronze [ the worst of the worst players of league ]

Dwight from the office: False. Silver is the worst division.

Bronze V to II is fine. Most of the players there are false placed. Bronze I is the worst. So is Silver.

Dwight from the office: False. Silver is the worst division.

Just because you're stuck there doesn't make it true, Silvers might have more trolls and afkers, but they are mechanically better and know more about the game than bronze, thus making bronze less skilled.

Just because you're stuck there doesn't make it true, Silvers might have more trolls and afkers, but they are mechanically better and know more about the game than bronze, thus making bronze less skilled.

Im not in silver + yes, silver is the absolute worst division there is. Bronze players are trash to, but silver is by far more toxic.

DONT PLAY RANKED AT ALL, THE LEAUGE OF LEGENDS COMMUNITY IS RUINED AND FULL WITH TOXIC PLAYERS
YOU'LL GET INSULTED, INJURED AND PROBABLY RAGE IN REAL LIFE

keep in mind there is a ignore button when you're pressing tab ingame, it helps

:pppppppppppppppppppppppp

DONT PLAY RANKED AT ALL, THE LEAUGE OF LEGENDS COMMUNITY IS RUINED AND FULL WITH TOXIC PLAYERS
YOU'LL GET INSULTED, INJURED AND PROBABLY RAGE IN REAL LIFE

keep in mind there is a ignore button when you're pressing tab ingame, it helps

:pppppppppppppppppppppppp

Also activate the option that makes /all chat unavailable - who needs all chat?

you honostly believe there is a skill level between bronze and silver?

Yes xd
The skill level in bronze is better than silver fo sure

Bronze players actually try in game
Silver players don't give a fuck

My experience playing with Bronze players - they seem to know more about the game
My experience playing with Silvers - they just hit level 30, got silver 5 in their promos, then boom.

Here's what you should know about ranked. There are 5 different ranks, from worst to best it goes bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond and then challenger. When first playing ranked you will need to play 10 games to be placed into a rank. As someone said start playing ranked when you're comfortable and know you're pretty good otherwise you will most likely get put into bronze or high silver and it will be hard to climb out of. Duo queue is when you want to play ranked with a buddy or a friend. You should also learn at least 2 roles to play because a lot of times you won't get what you want and people will troll you. Just be careful when playing ranked and don't let the toxic players get to you. I used to know some really cool guys but then after they've played so much ranked they have terrible attitudes and always rage super hard now. What I suggest doing is as soon as you start mute the enemy team because they have no use, and if your team ever starts talking trash about you just mute them as well.

That's exactly what I did and I regret it, I got placed in bronze 3, I'm bronze 2 atm but I don't play much ranked. Because when I play, I ussually play with reals and we are always 4/5 people, more fun that way imo. Also I don't think elo hell exists at all, so if that question will pop up, I'm always placed with people who don't troll to much but they are either around my level, below or even above, so it's a fair.

- - - Updated - - -

you honostly believe there is a skill level between bronze and silver?

I have no idea about silver, but in my experience playing after midnight is the best because the little children are asleep and people aren't as bad as A LOT of guys describe. Perhaps i got lucky? But I've only played like 40~ games in ranked so I might be a lot underexperienced but untill now, I had more mature players and less stupid kids.

u should start play ranked when u got 5 champs on all line (5 top , 5 jungle , 5mid , 5 adc ,5 supports) and u need know how to good play with that champs , u should have 2 full page of rune ( ap / ad)

u should start play ranked when u got 5 champs on all line (5 top , 5 jungle , 5mid , 5 adc ,5 supports) and u need know how to good play with that champs , u should have 2 full page of rune ( ap / ad)

That's not necessarily true, while yes you should have a few champs in each role, 5 is too much. I am comfortable with every adc, 2 mid laners, 2 supports, 3 junglers, and 1 top, and if you say oh what if that 1 top champ you play is picked or banned, what do you do? Well I said comfortable with, and by comfortable it means I'm not afraid to play him in ranked, but I also play lots of other top laners, just not in ranked, so I will pick any of those and keep myself alive and hope that someone else can carry.

Thanks for your detailed information guys :)
Here some champs I intend to main. Pls tell if suited and if often banned or not:
Bot:
Adc: Ezreal, Draven
Support: Soraka, Taric, Alistar

Mid:
Kassadin, Veigar, Xerath, Akali

Top:
Akali, Garen, Pantheon

all work fine in lower elo, kassa will probbly be banned. you didnt list any jungler, I suggest zac and nasus.

Back