• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravens - Mapping show off

Ravens

I believe I'm mapper :O
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my first thread. My OTLand name is Ravens, I've been part of community few years ago, also was a mapper few years ago. Week ago, my friend invited me in his OT Project as seen I've accepted it and took job of a mapper. So, here I'll be showing you, my project and free-time works.

Few notes:
  • I want you to be critic. If you don't like work, tell reason why you don't, tell what you like. Critics can only improve me.
  • I'm trying to be as much orginal as I can, if somone has similar work as I do note it too. I'll apologize.
  • If you need anything to map, PM me don't write it on thread.
  • Chill, and enjoy <3​

For first theme, I'll be showing you island I'm working on.

And here I am, finally arrived on so called Treasure Island. Myths tell that deep down under that island there's monster hiding tresaure wich even kings of the world can't imagine.

gDyyWQ.png

5g76n.png

ckTsDM.png

eqLzoe.png

and unreachable one
0xNoLD.png

I would remove the little random things, such as the bones, camp fire, flag, well, the long thing connected to the tree, and the stalagmites (these get made in caves). It also needs some touch-ups on the water borders. The rope connecting to the ship should be connected to something more substantial than sand. You wanted criticism I provided.

I would remove the little random things, such as the bones, camp fire, flag, well, the long thing connected to the tree, and the stalagmites (these get made in caves). It also needs some touch-ups on the water borders. The rope connecting to the ship should be connected to something more substantial than sand. You wanted criticism I provided.

Noooooo, not the flag and the campfire!

With flag i annouce that somone has been allready there, campfire is because of they needed light. :p Bones is because of all the monsters / treasure stuff. Kinda tried to make it sync with story. But thank you :)

Understandable, but then make it look more like a camp. I still say the bones don't really fit but it's your map.

Exploring the island, not far from my boat i found forest, didn't look promising. Even if it was daylight, it was scary.
_NN9su.png

8-D4S3.png

1483zT.png

7t0Q0.png

nZgRee.png

yyRvoy.png

dVHbNz.png

i6EAWf.png

Enjoy :) I'm trying to get that "RPGish" feeling as much as I can. Also, that background, behind amazon camp needs to be fulfilled, I didn't have much time. So expect it soon!

The nature is kind of messy, unnatural, try removing random stuff, the tree mixing is ugly, when do you see a beatiful tree in a natural enviroment and then a ugly tree, you're nature is just to random (?). I like the amazon mountain but maybe remove the bed? Just practice some with your nature try not to do it so messy.

Do you mean on that dead trees and that stuff? I've removed them. Here's what I got. Also, did small change on minimap / map.
  • River
  • Brigde
Heres what I got changing trees. (Even if I think i did same shit again. :p)
ZLuTL.png

As I continue walking across island, I've found a brigde, leading me to Main Island. Hope I'll find somone soon who can tell me all proper informations about my goal here.

JBvNAN.png

MCjjEC.png

9dWqkQ.png

You really need to work on using doodads. You're just essentially spamming it. Dwarf tree's don't fit the environment, willows only grow near an abundance of water, dirt debris never looks good on top of grass, grass tufts don't go on trees, rocks, or any of that sort, and really start taking some more time into doing your maps. It almost always shows how much time you spend on a map.

Dark199 just told you but here's some other stuff, never use any type of rocks-debris in wood looks bad imo, what the heck with the waterfalls on the bridge?, and same as before you're nature is just fugly look into some tutorials.

I don't understand the point of the last two pictures, you moved 1 SQM. Either way I don't like it because it's autobordered and detailed with doodad, try using more raw to incorporate your own style.

I don't understand the point of the last two pictures, you moved 1 SQM. Either way I don't like it because it's autobordered and detailed with doodad, try using more raw to incorporate your own style.
I think he wanted to show both the ends of the bridge, but I'm not sure. And btw I think the map is to crowded with trees or something.

Back