• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Realots.org [7.7] - Looking for help with OTC and TFLS (C++)

e.e

Divine Intellect
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Intro:
I currently run http://zanera.realots.org which is a server equivalent to the real deal leaked Tibia 7.7 server intentionally frozen in time so that the Zanera characters and houses can be experienced from back in the days.
I've decided not to share the technical details about what distro I actually run, but you can always login to Zanera if you'd like to test out its authenticity.

I'm now transitioning slowly from the public Zanera characters over to private accounts, increased exp and loot rates, among other things that will be worked on later.
While I'm personally mostly occupied with working on building my own web-framework, I've realized I should seek help for various things and problems that are hard to impossible for me to work on myself, which is mostly C++-stuff, since I don't know any of the C languages yet.

I will probably be recruiting more people for game/community-related tasks like tutors etc later after other systems are in place.

Jobs:
  • [C++] Validate/improve/update/clean up the Query Manager's structure and database wrapper (socket stuff, mysql connector) through git (no help/changes needed for the code inside the main/ReadFromSocket-loop, I'd like to change this myself).
  • [C++/OTC/TFLS] 1. Make OTC work with the server (currently breaks on character login), and 2. Introduce a new client validation mechanism implemented as a "question-answer"-step (example: server sends a random number between 1 and 10 and client sends back that number multiplied by 7..) right before/during account authentication. If the answer isn't right then the account authentication fails. I will develop the algorithm that makes the Question correspond to the Answer myself and just need the mechanism itself in place. (DONE!)

Rewards/Payments:
EITHER:
Official credits on the website for all serious/actual contributors (I mean if your only contribution is adding a newline somewhere then you won't get any credits, sorry :p). In all cases of serious contributions I'll additionally consider giving out rewards like community positions (Tutor, GM, etc) WITHOUT IMMUNITY (if you abuse your position or don't use it right you'll lose it) or server donation points.
OR
Money ONLY in cases of serious contributions/big tasks solved where we agree about the task and payment beforehand (payment after the task/job we've discussed is completed and received by me OR if I trust you/your reputation I might consider partial payment before, then partial after).
You will not be credited on the website for work you've done in return for money as this wouldn't be fair to other contributors that haven't asked for money.

Contact info, links, etc:
If you'd like to contribute either for free/credits, money or game/community rewards, make a post here or PM me with your github id and if you want some kind of payment tell me your offer in the post or PM.
For comments or questions: PM me.

I'm also pretty new to git, so feel free to make suggestions about settings I should change in my repos if I'm missing something.

My github profile: Fibrosis · GitHub
Query Manager github link: GitHub - Fibrosis/realots-query-manager: Query Manager for the Realots distro
Login Server github link: GitHub - Fibrosis/realotsloginserver

Last edited:
Back