• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Recommend me a headphone for around 170 (USD)

[video=youtube;N88VuaETE3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88VuaETE3o[/video]

Listen from 2:34

"He say in the video, Audio Techniqa makes really good headphones, but these are superior."
Watched some more videos, and they all said the same thing "They are very expensive, but seriously worth the money."

"I have never had any better headphones, ever!"

etc...

Last edited:
The idea with the "beats" is that the bass is so high and exaggerated that anybody who's been using terrible headphones previously will think that the sound quality is the most amazing thing they've ever heard in their life. The rest of the sound will suffer dramatically.

This is a terrible argument. And besides, you're wrong anyway - For example, Sennheiser and Koss (who manufacture good headphones) are much more "well known" than Monster Cable or Beats by Dre are.

No, beats by dre is all-round + high bass capable, just listen to them before you judge.

@Second argument.
It's just a simple fact, big or well-known and better quality branches charge more then the less-known and less quality branches like Sennheiser i.e..
Sounds pretty logical to me :).

Dr. Dre Beats. Awesome sound quality. Expensive but its defianitly worth the money.

[video=youtube;N88VuaETE3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88VuaETE3o[/video]

Listen from 2:34

"He say in the video, Audio Techniqa makes really good headphones, but these are superior."
Watched some more videos, and they all said the same thing "They are very expensive, but seriously worth the money."

"I have never had any better headphones, ever!"

etc...

Are you serious? Did you even read the video description?

These headphones suck. I reviewed them before I had the slightest idea about audio. After trying hundred of headphones from dozens of manufacturers, I can tell you that there is no worse deal than Monster products; especially Beats. Soundstage and instrument separation is mediocre, the ohm rating and impedance are both lousy (hence why Monster doesn't list specs). There is no worse value. Get a pair of Sennheiser, AKG, Denon, Audio-Technica, Grado, anything. Just stay away from this overpriced, overhyped product. Please.

--

unknown666 said:
No, beats by dre is all-round + high bass capable, just listen to them before you judge.

Any review by a reviewer that knows what they're talking about will tell you that the sound quality is not worth the price.

unknown666 said:
It's just a simple fact, big or well-known and better quality branches charge more then the less-known and less quality branches like Sennheiser i.e..

No. It doesn't really work that way. Your point is flawed in so many ways:

• Sennheiser is a bigger and better-known brand than Monster Cable/Beats by Dre
  • Sennheiser manufactures headphones with better quality (not only in sound but also construction, etc.) than Beats by Dre
  • Sennheiser manufactures headphones at over three or four times the price of Beats by Dre. (Whether a pair of 1200$ headphones are useful for anything else than studio mixing is an argument for another day. However, I can assure you that no self-respecting music producer will be using Beats by Dre.)

This line of thought is flawed anyway. Let's return to the T-shirt analogy: just because a piece of clothing costs 300 dollars does not make it a good investment: many luxury brands such as Hugo Boss or Louis Vuitton can slap their logo on anything and mark the price up to insane amounts of money (= Beats by Dre). But instead of going for the 5$ T-shirt from Walmart (= cheap earphones), you can still get a better quality T-shirt from a reputable manufacturer (that doesn't rely on brand recognition) that is of better quality and value. The stitching (= construction) will be more durable and the fabric will be more comfortable (= sound quality).

--

If you enjoy the sound of the Beats by Dre's, really, good for you. But it simply isn't worth the price.

--

To the OP of this thread: forget this place and don't listen to the ignorant people here. Pick a headphone in your price range from this list of manufacturers and Google some reviews. You will find it hard to go wrong:

• Sennheiser
  • AKG
  • Audio-Technica
  • Grado
  • KOSS

At the very least, ignore anyone who recommends the Dr. Dre headphones after this post. They obviously have no clue what they're talking about and enjoy wasting their money.

Last edited:
Go for the Dr. Dre's, I just love them.

Even tho,
Koss
Sennheiser are really good products, but I would go for Dr. Dre

Yes, advising people to not to waste their money on mediocre headphones is clearly the same thing as "being against everything".

I've made my suggestions before:

sorry guess i missed it!

I settled up my mind, I think im going for Audio Technica AD 700, or A700. costs 90$ for the AD and 123$ for the A series.. I've read reviews more than any one here, (over two months reading about headphones lol)..

Dr. Dre Beats .. you're just paying for the

026-beats-by-dr-dre-headphones-unboxing_medium.JPG

exactly, logo.

even if you say its somehow better, im sure by all means its not a 200$ worth better than the audio technica.

add to that, its just compared to some cheap audio technica, I've not said anything about AD 900 yet, which is still 100$~ less than the Dre beats, and its not even the top audio technica product on the other hand.

edit;

Audio technica (since 1962)
Beats by Dr Dre (since 2008?) -- correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
I hope i'm not late to comment on this but... my recommendation is, to know what headphones are good sound quality reception just look at the cable: the thicker it is the better it will be.

So Wezza, want thread close?

Back
Top Bottom