• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Recruiting Team (Retro Server) - 8.6

alexthebr

Reaction score
What's up everybody!

I have a 8.6 Retro Tibia Project that is based on the 7.6 version (maybe you have heard of it) for a few years, and being honest I already had some success with it, but the project never have a good/long sequence for two reasons:
1. I never asked for outside help, with mapping, website etc.
2. It lacks in-game support, for the same reason as above

The server is unique, there are no other servers with the same ideia or setup, this is what makes it so successful when opened.
Almost everything in-game is already done, and needs only a few adjustments, same goes for the website, and some other small things. The server already works without bugs, 99,9% uptime, and everything works perfectly (or almost), however there are a few small details that would be key aspects to make it even better.
I have in mind to open it again soon, but this time I want it to have a good sequence and make it become an active server.

Below there are some characteristics that will help you understand the idea of the server:
- Spells and runes like version 7.6
- Map based on the 7.6 version with NEW AREAS
- No training monks
- No VIP items
- Addons made in-game
- Task system with 50+ options
- Boats without PZ (Cannot travel PK)
- Only last hit gets the injust
- Create rune without spending SOUL POINTS
- The runes SD, UH, IH, Explosion, Paralyze and MW are [NOT] sold by NPCs
- Runes by Magic Level, not minimum level
- Low rates (starts at 5x)
- No loot message / loot owner
- No vocation restriction for old items
- Ice rapier atk 100 (1 charge)
- New quests

Many other things are not listed, but there are actually tons of changes that brings a good nostalgic feeling without exaggeration, like difficulty etc.

There is also this video that I used to promote last time I opened the server:

The server was created TO BE SIMPLE, just as we like Tibia. Without fancy events with scheduled times, complicated scripts, that even the player does not understand what is going on.
I like to keep it simple and I want to keep it that way, letting the player free to do whatever he wants on the game, explore the map, make quests (yes, there are many new areas and quests - big ones), make wars... No pre-made events like battleground, snowball war, castle war bla bla bla, these things that in my opinion take the focus away from the RPG. THE IDEA IS TO KEEP IT SIMPLE

I am looking for any kind of help, content creation, ideas, testing (in the future would become staff members) etc. BUT MAINLY:
-> Mapper
-> Scripter (moderate experience, for configuring quests etc, knows how to handle storage, nothing too complicated)
-> Scripter web (configure website, tbh I don't know a lot about the new gesior, and I want to update the website and optimize this part. PHP, HTML, really basic, nothing too exaggerated (fancy)

As you guys can see, I am not looking for professionals to help me create a project FROM RAW. The project already exists, and I want to optimize it to become bigger/better than already is. This server has a lot of potential and I want to bring the maximum of it to the community, just like many people here, I like the idea of the old tibia, the nostalgic feeling, and this is what brought me to create this server.

If you have interest, please shoot an e-mail to [email protected] with the following info:
- Name
- Experience with OTservers
- Why want to be part of the team
- How you could help (scripter, mapping, content, ideas, etc.)

Thanks for the attention!! And keep an eye on the project!

Back