• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Reduce Exp per rebirth

Infernum

Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
TFS 0.3.6
I need a onLogin function that reduces player's exp for each rebirth that they have.
For example, 1st rebirth you'd have -5% exp, 2nd you'd have -10% etc

Don't know how the experience functions work and would appreciate any explanation in the script so I can learn it myself

Thanks.

TFS 0.3.6
I need a onLogin function that reduces player's exp for each rebirth that they have.
For example, 1st rebirth you'd have -5% exp, 2nd you'd have -10% etc

Don't know how the experience functions work and would appreciate any explanation in the script so I can learn it myself

Thanks.
Shouldn't it be set in onAdvance rather than onLogin because someone could be logged in 24/7 and have the same xp rate, lets say your server had stages the only time their xp rate would change is when they rebirthed while everyone else even non-rb characters would get less xp then that of the rb characters.

Shouldn't it be set in onAdvance rather than onLogin because someone could be logged in 24/7 and have the same xp rate, lets say your server had stages the only time their xp rate would change is when they rebirthed while everyone else even non-rb characters would get less xp then that of the rb characters.
no

No, you would only have the same exp rate as long as you're the same rebirth.
Once you rebirth, the NPC relogs you so once you log back in you get +1 rebirth therefore the rate changes.
Anyways, someone PMed me with a script that works so I no longer need help. :p

No, you would only have the same exp rate as long as you're the same rebirth.
Once you rebirth, the NPC relogs you so once you log back in you get +1 rebirth therefore the rate changes.
Anyways, someone PMed me with a script that works so I no longer need help. :p
So post the script.
After all we are an open source community, by posting the solution you will help others with the same or similar issues.

There are 2 reasons I post my code.

1. I can reference them as needed at a later date.
2. My code might help someone else with the same or similar issues.

Last edited:
Back