• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Referencing streams on the profile panel

Blackstone

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
Whenever a mapper/player/developer started streaming he usually had to send a post "Just started a stream" and then "Just ended the stream" randomly.
I suggest to implement some kind of reference to the profile panel. Somewhere here:
1603883012093.png
If an option in the setting is set there should be an additional icon that shows if a member does stream and if it's online or not. (And if possible the category is "Tibia")

And maybe (not exactly) it would look like this (ref):
1603883584280.png

I personally would enjoy that feature but do not know if this is easy to implement or not and it would definitly help me to reconsider streaming/posting my progress more often.
To actively support streaming might not just convince me to stream but maybe some others as well. Hypothetically it could generate more activity on the forum overall.

Last edited:
Cool. Maybe implement smth like this as well?

This suggestion is great, I think it would make OT development more attractive. Perhaps there could be a subpage where you could see active OT development streams as well, so users don't have to visit profiles to see if somebody is streaming or not?

And it would include streamers showing their tibia playthroughs etc. Might make the community more engaging actually.

I can't see any downsides to this. It'd be cool to watch some Open Tibia Development streams.

Sounds cool, out of curiosity, are there many OT streamers here?
I have seen that streaming is quite popular in the mapping section, but havent seen much in the coding area. I myself tend to stream privately for the staff while working on TFS development/reviewing PR's or testing branches before a PR is sent.
But im not sure if the OT dev streaming scene is big enough to elicit a plugin that bloats our forum and makes it tougher to maintain.

@Znote There are a lot that have streamed in the past and who would support this.
I am personally just waiting for this feature to start streaming on regular basis. I would like to see your content as well :)
I think it's not about how many are currently actively streaming but to support those who are willing to share what they do. And hopefully with this feature more people will consider streaming since this is a whole new way to tease content. Even if it would be just a handful of people.

I personally would appreciate an "active streamer" plugin and also the reference at the profile panel. I think there doesn't need to be a plugin that really shows the stream directly on Otland. But that's why I asked @Don Daniello to get involved into this discussion, these are just ideas.
The active streamers should also show a banner or link to Otland. This might also cross-advertise the forum on streaming platforms and does push the activity overall. It also should only include "Open-Tibia Development and testing" because that's what we are meant do here originally.

I'd expect it would bring a lot of player streamers to utilise it also. Many still maintain life threads and alternatively stream tibia on twitch anyway so it could be a good way to bring traffic to otland and hopefully into the ot community also.

Might even drive traffic to Otland if Stream title would be including [Otland], or just link back to it in the profile.

I'd expect it would bring a lot of player streamers to utilise it also. Many still maintain life threads and alternatively stream tibia on twitch anyway so it could be a good way to bring traffic to otland and hopefully into the ot community also.
I don't think that should be the main goal. We should encourage developers to stream more often.
How we do that must be discussed. Players might have the biggest impact in order to bring in new people if they really link Otland and are also active on the forum, so that might be an option. But it should not be like they use Otland only advertise their streams without giving something back in return.

We could however show players in a seperate list but for developers to actively share content/code/resources should be treated in a favored way.

I'd probably also stream more if this was implemented. Not having to post and update a thread whenever you start/stop streaming would make it a lot easier to get views. I already link to OTLand on my channel, so having some kind of implementation could probably mean traffic both ways would be a lot easier for everyone :)

This forum uses the XenForo engine, so having a look at Xenforo plugins and coming with suggestions might be useful, also keep in mind this feedback section has a voting system. (So far only I have voted on this).

This forum uses the XenForo engine, so having a look at Xenforo plugins and coming with suggestions might be useful, also keep in mind this feedback section has a voting system. (So far only I have voted on this).

Cool. Maybe implement smth like this as well?

Maybe some of the ones I posted fit (they are Xenforo plugins)? :)

We need to keep this topic present. I think it's a missed opportunity to not jump on this train.
Please vote up the topic if you haven't done yet. Only a like does not seem to be enough (even though I think there should only be one reaction feature active at a time).
I also referenced a less powerful plugin in the original post but @Damon made a very good proposal already. What does speak against that?

I am kinda sad that this discussion is not moving on right now.
I decided to pro-actively start streaming my progress on the map very soon and hope other developers/mappers do as well.

Regards
Blackstone

Back