• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Regarding donation systems (need ideas)

Tazzonny

The Bestest
Reaction score
So I'm developing a server which is a few months from being out and I need some ideas regarding the donation system.
I'm tired of people making download and run servers just to milk some money out of it so I want to make the donation system here different.
Why am I doing this if it's not for the money?
Two main reasons: I want to improve my coding and I just love the feel of people playing and having fun on your own server.
What I expect for the donation system is for it to provide for OTservlist advertising for its first few months and for hosting having always some backup cash just incase that month not enough is gathered or whoknowswhat.

I've thought of two things so far: dynamic donation prices and limited donations per month.

First idea I discarded as I figured it would turn out kind of unfair for players who donate at first or whatever
Second I think might actually be pretty good and limit the amount of items ingame, therefore making them more valuable to be traded ingame.

I'd like to hear your toughts.

Last edited:
Back