• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Regarding Lunarforce/Shadowcore server situation *Discussion*

Whizper

Reaction score
So I've been discussing this matter alot with my friends to judge the outcome of this OT and what the future might look like with Shadowcore/Lunarforce.

First of all I'd just like to say that I love Shadowcore & Lunarforce but the problems are quite obvious on both servers..

Shadowcore is way too many players on a small surface wich makes it close to impossible for people to level up due to how overcrowded it is.

Lunarforce is on the other hand extremely low on players on a big surface right now wich makes it easier to level, but you are also in danger of getting killed at any moment without justification wich makes it abit more exciting :p

Anyhow, I'm very much interested in the idea of somehow merging or opening a transfer between Shadowcore & Lunarforce.
I mean lets take a look at the exp/magic/skill/loot rate on theese 2 servers.

Shadowcore:
Experience Average x27
Magic x7
Skill x30
Loot x3

---

Lunarforce:
Experience average x16
Magic x3
Skill x12
Loot x2

---

Conclusion? Lunarforce is a much harder server to get decent magic/skills/level on aswell as making money its thougher due to the lower droprate.

But on the other hand, It's so smooth to level on Lunarforce eventhough its a hardcore pvp server.. Why? Just because theres not 10 players /per spawn!

Since the rates are lower on Lunarforce and the server.. Lets face it is dying.
Perhaps a sort of merge between the 2 would be benifical for all parts, Allowing players from Shadowcore to transfer to Lunarforce. ( Ofcourse with certain limitations, Such as a cap of money per character aswell as a transferable characters cap for each account.)

One option wich seems very much viable to the success of Shadowcore server would be to re-make Lunarforce to a sort of second or daughter if you will server to Shadow.

Meaning that transfers from Shadow would be viable but like I said earlier with certain restrictions to avoid inflation on Lunarforce aswell as abuse of the transfer/merge.

I honestly think that it would be a better choice then to let people from Lunarforce transfer to Shadowcore and close Lunar down completely..
Mainly because of how crowded Shadowcore is but also that the team running the servers would benefit more from having 2 successfull OT servers then running 1 overcrowded one.

This is just a first draft of what I'm trying to compile and start up the discussion for everyone so that we can encourage the owner to consider his options and perhaps even discuss it with us.

http://status.twifysoft.net/

So lets make this a freedom of speach thread, Just let everyone know what you think should/could be done, So we wont let this run out in the sand.

-------------

Over and out, Whizper. :ninja:

Last edited:
I've played both Shadowcores for quite some time & now also Lunarforce since day one.
It is sad to see Lunarforce dropping amount of players with this speed and at this very start of the actual server, what has it been, about 3 weeks?
Although the proposition Whizper posted above has many good points and I agree with him on them. Anything that would raise the player amount on Lunarforce would be considered a great thing to me.

SIGNED WITH BLUUD / Dominandoz

Whizper idiot? HAHa look fast lvl for lunar hmm 6-7 days make 280 lvl for lunarforce PLIX MAKE 6-7 days 280 lvl for shadowcores, ohh no.. maybeeee 20+days for 280 lvl.. Lunar all respawn full clear shadowcores ohh no.. Fucking noob idea:)

Whizper idiot? HAHa look fast lvl for lunar hmm 6-7 days make 280 lvl for lunarforce PLIX MAKE 6-7 days 280 lvl for shadowcores, ohh no.. maybeeee 20+days for 280 lvl.. Lunar all respawn full clear shadowcores ohh no.. Fucking noob idea:)

^Are you serious?

OT: I think its a good idea to transfer shadowcores to lunarforce IF the server would die which it hasn't. At this moment it's 150+ players online and even though I wished it was more I can't call it dead. Give it a chance to grow and if it doesn't then do something. :)

I know I said its open for discussion.. But really crawl back to the hole you came from since you arent even bringing any positive criticism to this discussion only being a douche and trying to make it personal, Gtfo. :w00t:

People leaving server because, you cant loot anything from killing anyone (ye stupid pvp bless), ur not getting any exp for killing another players, and this is boring to kill players when they will take their level back faster than your pz is end. Thats my opinion.

People leaving server because, you cant loot anything from killing anyone (ye stupid pvp bless), ur not getting any exp for killing another players, and this is boring to kill players when they will take their level back faster than your pz is end. Thats my opinion.

You must be talking about low levels because when I die at level 240 I lose more than half a level and in a battle it's not rare that you die 2-3 times. But sure I agree that people in level 100-150 could lose a little more exp.

My 2 cents (sorry for long post, already tried to shorten it):

A few facts that we can agree on:
1. SC has too many ppl
2. Lunar has too little: 130 players online, many ppl botting and MC, trade and quest teams are dead. amount of active people isn't that high.

Perhaps the goal of Lunar was so people can pk or to decrease population on SC.
Population decrease on SC didn't happen and won't:
1. people get bored of pking too fast
2. having a 300+ char on SC, you always have something to fall back on.

I'm a peaceful player, and always believed a RPG server will survive longer than PK server. The numbers on real tibia support that too: 2 hardcore pvp and barely full. Why? Cuz ppl can't handle hardcore pvp (yes I'm a char lover and hate dying). Also cuz I can camp lvl 8's coming out of temple and new players don't want a pickle shoved up their butt.

Lunar had players from SC, now they've moved back to their 300+ chars. So how do you increase population? New players from otlist/otland. (won't work though)

Conclusion: It's too early to talk about server merging or char transfers. But my prediction isn't bright for this server: players from SC won't permanently move here, and new players won't choose a PVP server.

My solutions:
1. From my past experience playing custom OTs, whenever the players increased, GM would make new maps.
2. You could split SC in half into SC1 and SC2, 700 players each.

edit: clarification on solution 1: GM could make new maps on SC, but highly unlikely.

I sort of agree with you Deity and what I'm trying to say by making this thread is just that there is a need for this discussion before it is too late and decisions are made in the blink of an eye.

Basically what you are talking about with the server merge and making sc1 and sc2 is pretty much what I'm talking about aswell with allowing players to transfer from shadowcore to lunar, with certain restrictions as you proably have read already.

I for one wouldnt mind if they opened it with certain restrictions and changed from hardcore pvp to optional pvp just like shadowcore if it would mean that player amount increased on lunar..

Im Agreed with that, but not transfering Characters from Shadowcores. Why, cus if that there's going to be 300 mages with ml 130 while people here max ml at the moment is 101, that means people is going to start to cry again.

People that came to Lunar, they still Mc's in Shadow so Lunar wasn't a solution for that because is a different kind of server, Im playing Lunar not because i want to kill people, is becasue, for me, this was the "solution" that Twifysoft gave me to the highly populate server Shadowcores in wich i couldnt hunt anything cus all respawn were taken, and here in lunar I still can find good spot to hunt. So thats my opionion

As i've said before.
My proposition is to enable this transfer with items restrictions, cash restrictions and to take some of player experience points for transfering from shadow to lunar.
Experience taken with this rule could be simple 1 stage would be 25% if you're level 0-150 after this stage rates should increase to 60-70% at level 300 so when i transfer my character that has lvl 86 and 10,000,000 experience from shadow i will get a level 78 with 7,500,00 experience points. But when i would like to transfer my level 393 with 1,000,000,000 experience points i will get level 264 with 300,000,000 experience points.
Cash restriction would be good if you could set limit up to 1-5kk depending on level restriction. with items restriction like on RL Tibia world transfer.
It's my opinion so all of you can disagree with me but i dont want to overpowered players in here so that would be the best idea to keep this server alive.
Without taking experience points this server will die sooner than you can onlu imagine. High leveled players will be immortal here so they will PA more and more and lastlt all low leveled players wuldn't play here anymore.
It's easier to level up in shadowcores (even with hundereds of botters at every respawn) so many players would first go exp on shadow and gain skills/magic level/money and transfer them to lunar. This sitiuation will provide more problems with economy here starting from high stakes for all items and unworthly GPs.

Do something to fix it. Both servers are boring, Shadow is full of char lovers who wont fight and Lunar is empty of teams to fight

Since this server dont have any action, and my team lefted bcuz they need to fight war in other server (global), I will not play here anymore too :p

This is a very good idea... that would be great!

Since its not possible to fkn play shadowcores atm.. to much fkn ppl

I'm not sure about what to do, really.

It's a big diffrent between the two servers and I think it would be to unfair if characters from ShadowCores will be transfered to Lunarfoce, Its unfair to the ones how actually plays at Lunarforce, just becouse its abit harder to exp/loot things here and also gain skills and magic levels even if its fast but still, alot faster in ShadowCores then everyone is just going to RPG-level-up his / hers character in ShadowCores and then when they have gain'd enought levels/cash/skills and magic levels they transfer it and its unfair :)

But something has to do.. but i'm not sure a transfer between the servers is the right thing to do. Anyway its an OT server and a OT server with around 150+ players online isn't a fail.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And, in my opinion it isn't SO much pking at Lunarfoce that I thought it should be, really. Its not that hard to level up and such at Lunarforce that peoples seems to think.

ShadowCores is crowded, its hard to find a place and such things there so why not try a pretty new server like Lunarforce? The Hardcore pvp isn't that hardcore like you think.. just deal with a death from time to time and its not even a big deal.. :) try the server out becouse its really fun...

I'm not sure about what to do, really.

It's a big diffrent between the two servers and I think it would be to unfair if characters from ShadowCores will be transfered to Lunarfoce, Its unfair to the ones how actually plays at Lunarforce, just becouse its abit harder to exp/loot things here and also gain skills and magic levels even if its fast but still, alot faster in ShadowCores then everyone is just going to RPG-level-up his / hers character in ShadowCores and then when they have gain'd enought levels/cash/skills and magic levels they transfer it and its unfair :)

But something has to do.. but i'm not sure a transfer between the servers is the right thing to do. Anyway its an OT server and a OT server with around 150+ players online isn't a fail.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And, in my opinion it isn't SO much pking at Lunarfoce that I thought it should be, really. Its not that hard to level up and such at Lunarforce that peoples seems to think.

ShadowCores is crowded, its hard to find a place and such things there so why not try a pretty new server like Lunarforce? The Hardcore pvp isn't that hardcore like you think.. just deal with a death from time to time and its not even a big deal.. :) try the server out becouse its really fun...

Couldn't agree with you more. Just wanted to add a statement. Outside of the dumbass "br" minded people that go ue combo ppl this server is way more fun than shadowcores.

I think people do not play here because the mages are overpowered, some of my friends leave this server saying that's it has no sense to play here when even 60mage can deal insane damage due UE. I saw many mages with levels 70-130 dealing 500-680 damage with one UE on PVP.
It's something like if you would increase damage dealted by pally and his hit rate like 100% hit rate and 80% damage there wouldnt be any mage in the server.
So i think that you should drasticaly decrease mages hits or increase all of the others (paladin & knight).
Reason i've sold 3/5 account on shadow was due to overpowered mages... and here is the sane sitiuation

I think people do not play here because the mages are overpowered, some of my friends leave this server saying that's it has no sense to play here when even 60mage can deal insane damage due UE. I saw many mages with levels 70-130 dealing 500-680 damage with one UE on PVP.
It's something like if you would increase damage dealted by pally and his hit rate like 100% hit rate and 80% damage there wouldnt be any mage in the server.
So i think that you should drasticaly decrease mages hits or increase all of the others (paladin & knight).
Reason i've sold 3/5 account on shadow was due to overpowered mages... and here is the sane sitiuation

What are you talking about overpowered mages? Compared to what? .. You dont think that a person should die from 3-4 mages UE comboing you? Surviving that as a mage would be OP. ;p
I think the balance is fine as far as I'm aware..

Back