• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Release to Libraries relation Information

reges31

Reaction score
Hi guys ^^

I am pretty new in this world of ot server compiling. And since I got lot of builds successfully compiled but crashing at runtime I came out with the idea that the problem may be on some library implementation in which differ in some way from that expected from the servers implementation. Well, can you guys make a relation list of each (the most used) forgotten server version with the needed libraries with successfully tested versions?

Example:

tfs 0.3.6pl1:
luajit 2.0.0 (ok)
lua5.1 (???)
libboost 1.52 (???) -> In my case I think this one don't work with 0.3.6
libgmp X.XX (???)
cryptopp X.XX (???)
OpenSSL X.XX (???) -> Windows releases?
icu X.XX (???) -> Don't you guys compile libxml and libboost regex with UNICODE support?
libxml2 2.7.8 (ok)
libiconv X.XX (???)
other X.XX.XX (info)

Where X.XX or X.XX.XX is any versioning adopted by library you are using.

This post is directed to people engaged with the forgotten server development. I already made a search on forum and could not find this information.

Thanks so much :)

Well, as nobody had ask my question I will tell what problem was happening and why I think it was happening.
I had a fully compiled version of tfs-0.3.6pl1 adapted for 8.60 protocol. The libraries x version is bellow:

boost 1.52 (multi threaded, static)
libiconv 1.13.1
mysql connector 6.0.2
crypto++ 5.6.1
gmp 4.3.2
luajit 2.0.0 | also tested with liblua5.1 and liblua5.2 and same problems

The environment used for compile was MinGW, MSys with g++ 4.7.2 and as IDE Netbeans 7.2
The build was for console.

The server open and start normally, but right when a player, even Account Manager or GM log in the server crash with segmentation fault. If I compile on MSVC using same versions I got almost the same error: Access Violation.

I was looking on internet for related information and nothing. But when looking on call traces I found that the last call was made for lua_pcall. Again looking on internet I found that it may be a thread problem, since lua_pcall crash with corrupted lua_State.
In the tfs-0.2.14 there is no related problem. I think this don't happen in this version because it uses a global Dispatcher object: g_dispatcher. And is very different from tfs-0.3.6pl1 code.

As I think you guys have to much work to do, I will try to adapt the 0.3.6pl1 to 0.2.14 code. If I got success I will post the result here.

Thanks in advance.

Back