• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remembering good times [OPEN-TIBIA]

Scrappy Coco

Reaction score
¿What happened to the world of tibia?, ¿Perhaps this world died completely?
Before otservlist was full of servers, nowadays there are only about 100 servers online there is no doubt that open tibia died, I want to remember with affection to otfans opentibia and those old forums, when people did not ask for help if they did not fight to achieve them Same a script, that times to remember that I am happy to have lived those moments THANK YOU COMMUNITY.

Remember to comment your experience of that beautiful moment when you played a server 7.6 and as you were getting into this world of open tibia I hope your story down here, I also hope the veterans comment. A cordial greeting to the open-tibia developers.

People either retired or went to play real tibia bcs of the recent updates that literally made it an OT server.
Hence why super custom rpg servers are becoming so popular.

Tho I remember the first time I've joined a or which was a rookwar and I was amazed because I have never had pacc before and all these items I had and spells I could cast :3 tho it was hosted on home Pc so its uptime was shit but whenever i couldve joined i played.

Were unforgettable moments when playing that server of war of 1/1, never never found the sources of that server war of worlds was called
!BUMP!

Those times when you still had to write "24h uptime" or "no lags" in the name because it was not a common thing :D Anyone remembers Tibiafun? Wonder how this legendary server is dead since it is an amazing server, even today!

I used to host many servers: YurOTS, Neverland, WorldWar, Evolutions and then RL maps came. :)

The best memories are from hosting a server called bestpvp.no-ip.org which used WorldWar engine (accs 1/1 - 7/7) and became pretty successful. :) Recently I found screenshot of it showing on otservlist.

bestpvp.jpg

Does anyone remember leetots? I think it was 7.6. I remember looting a leopard armor and it was one of the rarest ingame.
One of the best servers I've played :D

otchaos is probably the most memorable server i had ever been on in all 8 years on ots
remember when i was younger i had an ob armor and got RS, got killed and then cried cause i lost it
farming levels in friends' PHAs with DSes
1shotting SDS with ob shard
beautiful ot

I used to host many servers: YurOTS, Neverland, WorldWar, Evolutions and then RL maps came. :)

The best memories are from hosting a server called bestpvp.no-ip.org which used WorldWar engine (accs 1/1 - 7/7) and became pretty successful. :) Recently I found screenshot of it showing on otservlist.

bestpvp.jpg

I was playing so many 7.1 server back in time, survival servers where it spammed "PK" in red over your character when you killed someone.
So many bugs on those servers back in the days. I did follow every progress that Open Tibia did back in the days.

I have first edited server exes with hex editor to do simple things. Then I have learned how to compile.
A friend of mine told me, let's do a war server...
I said yeah sure lets try it, I took the next best sources I could compile, YurOTS 0.9.4d STF Edition.

I was like okay I can start workin on that sources, lets go for it.
I didn't know anything about dedicated servers back then, but just got a new computer with a few GB of RAM.

I couldn't open any ports back then because my brother was leading the router stuff. So I asked him to open a port, I had to do shit load of stuff until he said yeah okay, I will do it.
But only one he said, I said I would need port 80 aswell, at least that's what people on forums said.
He said no only 7171, I said come on I can't make a website otherways. He said that's my problem not his. I was thinking a while..My port was open for few days and I couldn't do anything with it.
Until my cousin came to me and said, why you need a website? - I said well I would need it else people can't make a character.
He said well what if we do it like a server I have played - they had 1/1 and 2/2 thats all.
I said yeah we could do it, we just need a few characters now...

I was thinking about top 25 of antica and my cousin said take another 25 from nova and let them spawn in thais somewhere..
I was like yeah lets go, I had some troubles with unjustfieds and yurots wasnt coded so good so I was like, okay I will give everyone redskull so nothing can happen.
The Server was called antica-vs-nova.servegame.com back then.

I even remember, I was the first server who had team-wars, there was a code released on forum but there wasn't any fix for it, just someone posted a random code and nobody could do anything with it, it was about team-war with accounts, but that was somehow not possible, so I thought about any way to have team-wars any the only solution that was in my head was about feets, so I made them base on feets and made it impossible to change outfit. :p

After a few days the server became popular, it was full everyday. I couldn't even host it 24/7, I had to wake up in nights to restart it and update the IP inside config.lua to make it able to login again.
I was like, damn I need another 25 characters, so I took secura, but the server name didn't match, so I took world-war.no-ip.org since it's different worlds of tibia..
After that the server became popular within a few days I had over 150 players on it, I was one of the top servers on otservlist.
Our internet was so bad we couldn't even pick up the phone anymore because it was killing the phone-lines.
My mom was mad at me and told my brother to shut down my server and close the port.
I was crying so damn much, I was around 14 then.

So I've released my datapack world war 7.6, since then the otservlist was full with world war servers :p

Last edited:
I was playing so many 7.1 server back in time, survival servers where it spammed "PK" in red over your character when you killed someone.
So many bugs on those servers back in the days. I did follow every progress that Open Tibia did back in the days.

I have first edited server exes with hex editor to do simple things. Then I have learned how to compile.
A friend of mine told me, let's do a war server...
I said yeah sure lets try it, I took the next best sources I could compile, YurOTS 0.9.4d STF Edition.

I was like okay I can start workin on that sources, lets go for it.
I didn't know anything about dedicated servers back then, but just got a new computer with a few GB of RAM.

I couldn't open any ports back then because my brother was leading the router stuff. So I asked him to open a port, I had to do shit load of stuff until he said yeah okay, I will do it.
But only one he said, I said I would need port 80 aswell, at least that's what people on forums said.
He said no only 7171, I said come on I can't make a website otherways. He said that's my problem not his. I was thinking a while..My port was open for few days and I couldn't do anything with it.
Until my cousin came to me and said, why you need a website? - I said well I would need it else people can't make a character.
He said well what if we do it like a server I have played - they had 1/1 and 2/2 thats all.
I said yeah we could do it, we just need a few characters now...

I was thinking about top 25 of antica and my cousin said take another 25 from nova and let them spawn in thais somewhere..
I was like yeah lets go, I had some troubles with unjustfieds and yurots wasnt coded so good so I was like, okay I will give everyone redskull so nothing can happen.
The Server was called antica-vs-nova.servegame.com back then.

I even remember, I was the first server who had team-wars, there was a code released on forum but there wasn't any fix for it, just someone posted a random code and nobody could do anything with it, it was about team-war with accounts, but that was somehow not possible, so I thought about any way to have team-wars any the only solution that was in my head was about feets, so I made them base on feets and made it impossible to change outfit. :p

After a few days the server became popular, it was full everyday. I couldn't even host it 24/7, I had to wake up in nights to restart it and update the IP inside config.lua to make it able to login again.
I was like, damn I need another 25 characters, so I took secura, but the server name didn't match, so I took world-war.no-ip.org since it's different worlds of tibia..
After that the server became popular within a few days I had over 150 players on it, I was one of the top servers on otservlist.
Our internet was so bad we couldn't even pick up the phone anymore because it was killing the phone-lines.
My mom was mad at me and told my brother to shut down my server and close the port.
I was crying so damn much, I was around 14 then.

So I've released my datapack world war 7.6, since then the otservlist was full with world war servers :p

I remember your server had a lot of fun on these :)

I remember those servers had a lot of fun, someone knows if they get that datapack from the world war

I remember those servers had a lot of fun, someone knows if they get that datapack from the world war
Sadly they are only for 7.6 which means no OGL/DX9 support.
I do still have them files, if you want them I can upload them on my dedicated..

Back