• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remere's Map Editor Dat problem

Firulis

Solutions
Reaction score
this might sound very cliche, but trust me it's not a simple problem, i've been using RME for a while, and never had a problem til yesterday, i downloaded an otserv from the internet, and when I tried to open it i wasn't able to, i know for a fact it's 8.60, and its weird because i'm able to open my server's otbm file but not the one i downloaded, i tested many times, and for some reason, my RME kinda decides what he wants to open -_-, the problem i get is the following: i try to open a world, and then it says select your tibia dat and spr , i go to the 8.61 folder because that's the one that works for me in the past, and then it says Loading Tibia.dat and it freezes, i tried changing to 8.60 client, didnt work also tried 8.54, 8.50,840 and none work this is what it looks like:
QBT5Bz3.png

the only way i can close RME after this is by using task manager, has anyone had a problem similar to this one? if so pls help me resolve this

Solution
Try this:

Create a new clean map.
Import your map.
Change whatever you want.
Overwrite the old map (don't forget to make a backup).

If it works, you will need to do that every time you want to edit your map.
I'm not sure, but on my old computer, when I tried to open a world (otbm) that was huge, sick amount of gbs, my computer couldn't handle it and made RME crash.

Other than that, I can't help you. (@WibbenZ, can you help this guy?)

Try this:

Create a new clean map.
Import your map.

Solution
Try this:

Create a new clean map.
Import your map.

yeah this worked, i guess is because like @Remmacs said, the map is too large, im trying to open a 49mb map hehe i imported and everything fine, im cool with it because it's not my main map, but are there any permanent solutions?

This is not because of it's size.
I had this problem on my server when it used the protocol 8.6 also.
I really don't know why this bug happens, I just gave you the solution I did that time.
Glad it worked. :)

Back