• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Remere's Map Editor Questions

Rotflturion

I like Toes
Reaction score
Hello. I have recently started using Remere's map editor, after falling into some weird trouble with Simones [which I used all my life] - when I was drawing the map with auto border on it was making a "copy" of what I draw like 500 tiles to the left, using edge tiles intead of what I used

I have some questions:

First. Does Remere's really crash that fcking much? I have the latest version, and I have to save the map like every 20 seconds in fear it will just randomly crash when I'm picking fromthing from RAW, or for whatever other reason - may it be caused by my mouse? [the plastic of the left button is not alright I think, the mouse keeps double clicking stuff when I single click, can't be fixed, need a new mouse] Or can there be another reason? I'm using windows 7, Laptop, Latest graphic card drivers, everything

Second. Why does the editor minimise itself after every time I save my map? With the constant saving [to prevent wipes caused by a crash] it gets REALLY annoying

Third. Is there a way to [without editing sources] make the minimap only update when I press a button? I would like to have the minimap on full on another screen, but with my 4 gigs of ram and 2.2 dual i3 [yeah, again - laptop :/] it lags the editor a lot, because it's constantly updating the minimap whenever I do anything..

Thanks in advance for all the replies :)

I am using it to map for 8.6, will there be any difference?

Ah! Thanks for the link - found an useful information there, it seems the crashing doesn't happen [at least often] on list view. I'm perfectly okay with list view, Simones had ONLY list view :)

Hopefully that problem fixed

Snavy, nay mate - I'm only using those sometimes on my desktop when I'm on Linux - Here on Win7 I run it normally, in the system I'm in - am I not supposed to?

Snooby [You guys know each other? :p], thanks! I'll try that ^_^ Any hint on where can I find out what the new functions are?

Uhm. Where can I find the Remeres you speak of? I have 2.2, and on here I could only find older one

Last edited:
Uhm weird ... doesn't start for me. First it wanted some DLLs [apart from the ones I copied from the other one], I fed them to it, and then it's coming up with some 0x0000 error message shit ...

Back