• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Remeres MapEditor [VISTA]

Dragondoom

Reaction score
Q: Editor crashes with a DEP (Data Execution Prevention) error (Windows Vista). What should I do?
A: This happends because Vista is abit overzealous when it comes to protecting the computer from programs. You need to turn off DEP for the RME.exe file. Follow these steps:

1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on System.
3. Click on Advanced system settings in the menu to the left.
4. Click on the Settings button under the Performance box (description is "Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage and virtual memory") in the Advanced tab.
5. Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
6. Either only turn on DEP for esesntial programs, or add RME.exe to the list of exceptions.
7. Click OK on every dialog and restart Windows if required.

I tried to do this but it says, this program must run with Data Execution Prevention activated. You cannot turn off the protection for this software..

Something like that, I translated.
In Swedish

"Det här programmet måste köras med dataexekveringsskyddet aktiverat. Du kan inte stänga av skyddet för det här programmet."

You can turn it off like i did ;)

Run a command prompt as administrator. From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with the following command:

bcdedit.exe/set nx AlwaysOff

Turn it on with this command:
bcdedit.exe/set nx AlwaysOn

You have to restart your pc, and then it will work ;)

Back