• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ remove OTBM check

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove map check? I am trying to run the server with downgraded engine (it works with old one normally)
but first this appeared.
This map needs to be upgraded by using the latest map editor version to be able to load correctly
so I followed some tutorials and updated the map then this one appeared.
The map was saved with a different items.otb version, an upgraded items.otb is required.
I am not sure why but it works with old tfs and old XML engine normally, I also tried to remove map check so it just ignores it but I keep getting errors.
Can someone help removing the check at all? I want the engine to ignore it.
Here is my iomap.cpp

~POST MERGED ~

Tried updating items.otb with items editor to client 8.11/8.20/8.21/8.22/8.30/8.31 and 8.40 none of them worked still says same error
The map was saved with a different items.otb version, an upgraded items.otb is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Remove
C++:
    if(headerVersion <= 0)

{

//In otbm version 1 the count variable after splashes/fluidcontainers and stackables

//are saved as attributes instead, this solves alot of problems with items

//that is changed (stackable/charges/fluidcontainer/splash) during an update.

setLastErrorString("This map needs to be upgraded by using the latest map editor version to be able to load correctly.");

return false;
   }
You could literally just ctrl+f like I am and remove the if statement that contains the line you don't want, instead of waiting for me to ctrl+f for you.
Remove this and recompile.
C++:
    if(headerMajorItems > (uint32_t)Items::dwMajorVersion)

{

setLastErrorString("The map was saved with a different items.otb version, an upgraded items.otb is required.");

return false;
   }

Now its back to this error again
This map needs to be upgraded by using the latest map editor version to be able to load correctly
I have updated it with latest map editor and still same error.

Remove
C++:
    if(headerVersion <= 0)

{

//In otbm version 1 the count variable after splashes/fluidcontainers and stackables

//are saved as attributes instead, this solves alot of problems with items

//that is changed (stackable/charges/fluidcontainer/splash) during an update.

setLastErrorString("This map needs to be upgraded by using the latest map editor version to be able to load correctly.");

return false;
   }
You could literally just ctrl+f like I am and remove the if statement that contains the line you don't want, instead of waiting for me to ctrl+f for you.

Solution
2. Spamming: Edit your existing post instead of double posting.
I been trying since like 3 hours, I removed until the one you just posted but then it came one more error when I removed I couldn't compile tried twice and still not I think I remove something else by mistake.

~ POST MERGED ~

Still same error do I need to remove this one?
C++:
    if(headerMajorItems < 3)
    {
        return false;
    }

Last edited by a moderator:
Done removed if statements following the console errors and now it skip otb/otbm check and starts the server.

Back