• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remove that you have to say "buy" to buy from npc

Holmbergfan

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score
I got a 8.6 server converted to 7.4 sprites and spells. All looks fine but the problem is that I have to write "buy". Example buy ham. I just want to say "ham". Where can I change this? thanks

sherry.lua:
Code:
dofile(getDataDir() .. 'global/greeting.lua')

local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

-- OTServ event handling functions start
function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)             npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)     npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink()                         npcHandler:onThink() end

local shopModule = ShopModule:new()
npcHandler:addModule(shopModule)

shopModule:addBuyableItem({'cheese'},                     Cfcheese, 5)
shopModule:addBuyableItem({'cherry'},                     Cfcherry, 1)
shopModule:addBuyableItem({'melon'},                     Cfmelon, 8)
shopModule:addBuyableItem({'pumpkin'},                     Cfpumpkin, 10)

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I and my husband run this farm."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'husband'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "My husband Donald is busy on the fields almost all night and day."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'donald'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "My husband Donald is busy on the fields almost all night and day."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'farm'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It is a hard work, but the city needs us."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I am Sherry McRonald."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'time'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Sorry, I don't have a watch."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'weather'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The weather is the best friend and the worst enemy of a farmer."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'field'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The druids helped us by placing a blessing on our fields."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'city'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The city needs our crops."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'crops'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's hard to harvest it, carry it to the mill in the north and make flour. If you can bake some bread I will buy it for 2 gold."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'mill'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The miller is a lazy fellow and afraid of his own mill, because he thinks it is spooked."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'spooked'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I don't know for sure. The miller claims that his mill is threatened by some monsters sometimes."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'king'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "King Tibianus granted us this farm to earn a living."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tibianus'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "King Tibianus granted us this farm to earn a living."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'frodo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is a friend of my husband."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'oswald'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "This lazy fellow has nothing better to do than to spread rumours."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bloodblade'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is an impressive warrior as far as I can tell."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'muriel'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We a mere peasants and don't know much about the guild leaders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'elane'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We a mere peasants and don't know much about the guild leaders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gregor'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We a mere peasants and don't know much about the guild leaders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'marvik'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We a mere peasants and don't know much about the guild leaders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gorn'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He doesn't talk much to us."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sam'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is too busy to care much about farmers like us."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'quentin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "What a nice person he is."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'spider'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Spiders infested the sewers beneath our farm. We need some help to exterminate them. My husband pays a reward for killed spiders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'monster'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Spiders infested the sewers beneath our farm. We need some help to exterminate them. My husband pays a reward for killed spiders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'help'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Spiders infested the sewers beneath our farm. We need some help to exterminate them. My husband pays a reward for killed spiders."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'buy'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I can offer you cheese, cherries, and melons."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'have'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I can offer you cheese, cherries, and melons."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'food'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Are you looking for food? I have cheese, cherries, pumpkins and melons."})

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg) msg = string.lower(msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end
if msgcontains(msg, 'lynda') or msgcontains(msg, 'Lynda') then
    NPCSay("She is sooo charming. I can't believe she is not married yet! Have you met her?", 1)
    sherrymcronald_talk_state = 2

elseif sherrymcronald_talk_state == 2 and msgcontains(msg, 'yes') or sherrymcronald_talk_state == 2 and msgcontains(msg, 'Yes') then
    if getPlayerSex(cid) == 1 then
    NPCSay("She really should find a husband with ease! You should ask her for a date.", 1)
    else
    NPCSay("She really should find a husband with ease! If you know a bachelor, introduce him to her.", 1)
    end
    sherrymcronald_talk_state = 0
elseif sherrymcronald_talk_state == 2 and msgcontains(msg, '') then
    NPCSay("Oh, if you say so.", 1)

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'sell') and msgcontains(msg, 'bread') or msgcontains(msg, 'Sell') and msgcontains(msg, 'bread') then
    NPCSay("I will pay 2 gold for every bread, is that ok?", 1)
    sherrymcronald_talk_state = 3

elseif sherrymcronald_talk_state == 3 and msgcontains(msg, 'yes') then
AMOUNTBREAD = getPlayerItemCount(cid,Cfbread)
if AMOUNTBREAD >= 1 then
    if doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, Cfbread, AMOUNTBREAD) == TRUE then
    doPlayerAddMoney(cid, AMOUNTBREAD*2)
    NPCSay("Here you are ... ".. AMOUNTBREAD*2 .." gold.", 1)
    end
else
NPCSay("Sorry, you don't have any bread.", 1)
end

elseif sherrymcronald_talk_state == 3 and msgcontains(msg, '') then
NPCSay("Maybe another time.", 1)

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'sell') or msgcontains(msg, 'Sell') then
NPCSay("I can offer you cheese, cherries, and melons.", 1)

end       
    return 1
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Sherry NPC.xml:
Code:
<npc name="Sherry McRonald" script="Sherry McRonald.lua" floorchange="0" walkinterval="1500" speed="100">
    <health now="100" max="100"/>
    <look type="136" head="78" body="94" legs="38" feet="58"/>
    <parameters>
<parameter key="idletime" value="30"/>
<parameter key="message_greet" value="Hello |PLAYERNAME|! Welcome to our humble farm."/>
<parameter key="message_placedinqueue" value="Please wait a minute, |PLAYERNAME|."/>
<parameter key="message_walkaway" value="What a strange person."/>
<parameter key="message_farewell" value="Grace our home with another visit soon."/>
<parameter key="message_idletimeout" value="Grace our home with another visit soon."/>

<parameter key="message_decline" value="Maybe another time."/>
<parameter key="message_needmoremoney" value="I am sorry, but you do not have enough copper."/>
    </parameters>
</npc>

Last edited:
I got a 8.6 server converted to 7.4 sprites and spells. All looks fine but the problem is that I have to write "buy". Example buy ham. I just want to say "ham". Where can I change this? thanks
._. show us the scripts ._. tfs version ._. check the rules pls

Erery keyword like this one should be on the middle of the script:
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'buy'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I can offer you cheese, cherries, and melons."})

Back