• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remove the 10 seconds to use Obsidian knife on own monsters

munch

Reaction score
Is it possible to make so that you can use Obsidian Knife and Blessed Stake on corpses even though they have the 10 second delay, only for the owner?

Additionally:
Only the owner can move and put fields on the corpse.

@the delay

When a monster dies, a corpse is created, that corpse decays to the skinable corpse after 10 seconds, check what is the id of the skinable corpse and change it in monsters/monster_name.xml

So when a monster dies, the corpse is created right to the skinnable corpse?
But wouldn't it then not have the 10 second delay?

Edit:
If possible, one could skin a corpse even though it has the 10 second delay.

I think so too; C++ is required, but just thought someone could make this for the community, for a better Tibia. :)

I only guessed, since I thought there might be a game engine issue.
But if it could be fixed through LUA it would just be even better. :)

Not sure what script for the Knife you use, But in mine its possible to change the ID of the corpses that is skinnable (Should be possible in all xD)

Example
Lua:
local MINOTAUR = {2830, 2871, 2876, 2866}
These are the corpses that are skinnable after 10 seconds, Just change/add yours to the ID of newly dead ones.

But wouldn't that only make them skinnable after the 10 seconds delay?
I would want the corpses skinnable while the 10 seconds delay is in effect.

Edit:
If they are skinnable with the 10 seconds delay, it would perfect if it was only allowed by the owner of the kill, and after the delay everyone can skin it.

If you would do it like this
Lua:
local MINOTAUR = {2830, 2871, 2876, 2866, xxxx, xxxx} --xxxx is the id of the 10 sec corpses
Just adding them after the others.
This would allow ANYONE to skin them. You should ask a better scripter if there is a way to check who killed it -> then only let the player kill it skin it. However, the script works with that after you have skinned a corpse it will be decayed to an unskinnable state. Guess this could be fixed with a work-around or something.. But yea im not sure how..

Much easier to just let people skin them after 10 sec ^^, Or you could change the decay time in items.xml to a shorter duration. This however would change the time player has to loot the monster slain to a much shorter time.

I can see the problem with it, but I would actually rather have it this way than waiting 5 or 10 seconds.
But could it be possible to make it so when it has been skinned, the corpse can still be looted?

Edit:
Nevermind, it wouldn't be possible, would it?
'Cause it creates a new corpse, thus the loot is destroyed.

Last edited:
try getItemAttribute(uid, "owner"), if it works it gonna return owners uid, so if current body is not moveable only owner can skin it, else anyone can
but you gonna need aid as not-skinnable attribute to prevent some abuses

Back