• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Closed Remove the option to hide profile

kay

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
TibiantisOnline
I can't really find a reason why it's even here. Why can't we always check easily who we're dealing with? If anything, make it hide only 'About' tab, but not the others, especially not 'Find all content by' and 'Find all threads by'. I don't want to go into stories how it favors scammers etc., since you can still overcome it by using search engine, which is funny. But why would someone actually need or want to hide his past?
I also noticed another funny thing - in everyone's profile there's a 'Report' button which can be used to report a profile directly (rather than a specific post). However, this isn't accessaible for hidden profiles 😵 (unless directly with a link).

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While we are at it why is
even a thing?

It just makes things so much harder to keep track of users that are fishy - and theres a bunch of those.
Pretty sure you could just keep track of their account ID. In your case, it would be 45313.

BahamutxD (https://otland.net/members/45313/) -> your profile. You get this ID by going to their profile.

Pretty sure you could just keep track of their account ID. In your case, it would be 45313.

BahamutxD (https://otland.net/members/45313/) -> your profile. You get this ID by going to their profile.
But how are you supposed to know what was the ID of user X who was renamed to Y? Or how do you know if user Y used to have a different identity?
Anyway, the point isn't that it's impossible to track it, google is your friend. Same as for finding threads created by certain user. It just makes things more tedious and less transparent.

But how are you supposed to know what was the ID of user X who was renamed to Y? Or how do you know if user Y used to have a different identity?
Anyway, the point isn't that it's impossible to track it, google is your friend. Same as for finding threads created by certain user. It just makes things more tedious and less transparent.
you need to be schizo and either write down id of every single user in existence or dig through every single snapshot on web archive

you need to be schizo and either write down id of every single user in existence or dig through every single snapshot on web archive
Probably. So why not just let people see user's history instead? Hopefuly it won't take 60 upvotes before we get to know :(

any thoughts to this? 🤔
landscape tumbleweed GIF

You can find all user post using Advanced Search:
It shows all posts, even for users with hidden profile.
You don't say?! :oops:
[...] since you can still overcome it by using search engine, which is funny.
:rolleyes:

Still I don't know what's even the point of this hide option.

I don't know why he is against something like that If you do not want to trust people who hide their profile then do not be friends with people who hide the profile, so you will avoid contact with them.

If you still want to know the answer as to why this option exists, you could ask Mark Zuckerberg and maybe he could give you a good reason why Facebook and many other platforms also have this option

If you still want to know the answer as to why this option exists, you could ask Mark Zuckerberg and maybe he could give you a good reason why Facebook and many other platforms also have this option
If I cared about facebook I would have asked Mark Zuckerberg. But this is otland, so I am asking otland administration.
Do you have any other clever suggestion?

If I cared about facebook I would have asked Mark Zuckerberg. But this is otland, so I am asking otland administration.
Do you have any other clever suggestion?
Ofc, I have another clever suggestion: ask google what is sarcasm.
and another suggestion, do not be rude and do not feel attacked that nobody here is attacking you

¡Have a nice day! ;)

It says you can remove the checkbox from template and reset everyone's current settings. 🤔

Last edited:
This is the way XenForo works, not configurable.

For users who edit their username, the edit history is shown for a time period.
if you can't remove an option to hide profiles, can't you just allow every single user to view hidden profiles?

Back