• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Rename the Server Gala subforum

Alpha

Relentless
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Since @Kaspar wanted a seperate thread, here it is.

Alright, but who came up with that name now? It wasn't even suggested by anyone, and the word "gala" is completely unfitting.

o885Hl1.png

Sounds like a damn charity event or celebrity dinner. Server Showoff, Server Presentations, Server News are all at least 5x more accurate to what's happening there.

My suggestions: Server Showoff, Server Presentations, Server News
If anyone has any more, feel free to post them.

Last edited:
Server News Looks better for me.

It's been 2 weeks, does the administration have an opinion yet? @Don Daniello
Yes, I see many suggestions here, none specifically better than another and therefore no reason to change it.
I called it Server Gala for a reason, it's a humorous name. We can always go back to Advertisement.

Yes, I see many suggestions here, none specifically better than another and therefore no reason to change it.
I called it Server Gala for a reason, it's a humorous name. We can always go back to Advertisement.

tenor.gif

We can always go back to Advertisement.
What? That name was the entire reason why the subforum was renamed to begin with, because users had issues with their adblockers.
If you don't see how any other name in this thread is better than the current one, I'm not sure what to say to you anymore.
You can put humorous jokes in seasonal events or similar. Every other subforum in the forum overview is approriately named, why would you be fucking around with this one now?

You'd understand if you saw the moderation queue for that forum. It's a joke.

Be that as it may, advertising is expensive so this is still a place where small server owners expect to publish for some exposure and visibility, and by calling it something obscure and/or humorous, it's diminishing the value of posting there as well.

I think Server Promotion is a better fit out of all the suggested ones and would probably be fine regarding the adblock issue.

My opinion is that Gala is an OK name. For me the word Gala in this context means "exhibition".
There are so many name suggestions here. What name do you suggest? What name do most people agree on? We don't know since there is only 1 vote and many suggestions.

My opinion is that Gala is an OK name. For me the word Gala in this context means "exhibition".
There are so many name suggestions here. What name do you suggest? What name do most people agree on? We don't know since there is only 1 vote and many suggestions.
Take the suggestions from the thread and add a poll to the thread (I can't do it myself for some reason, didn't have the option while creating the thread either)

@Alpha I don't know, why are you asking me? I am not the one coming up with the suggestion.
Go to Discussion board and create your poll, gather the result and present it in Feedback board.

Here's how you create a poll in Discussion board:

1. Go to Discussion board.
1612784269901.png

2. Click on Post thread.
1612784288106.png

3. Add a fitting title.
1612784340397.png

4. Create your poll with fitting questions.

1612784489682.png

5. Click on Post thread.
1612784529359.png

@Alpha I don't know, why are you asking me? I am not the one coming up with the suggestion.
Go to Discussion board and create your poll, gather the result and present it in Feedback board.

Here's how you create a poll in Discussion board:

1. Go to Discussion board.
View attachment 54687

2. Click on Post thread.
View attachment 54688

3. Add a fitting title.
View attachment 54689

4. Create your poll with fitting questions.

View attachment 54690

5. Click on Post thread.
View attachment 54691
Because making yet another thread about it is some spammy shit, might as well add a poll to this one? I can't do it on my own due to permissions set for this board. Why is that even a thing @Don Daniello

There is already a poll - this thread, like any other in Feedback section is gathering upvotes and downvotes. In 3 months it gathered 2 votes.
I don't think it's necessary to have a poll to decide the new name as there won't be a new name.

Back