Reporting Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

issler92

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
9
How do I report a possible scammer?
Tks in advance,
issler92
 

owned

Legendary OT User
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
501
Location
New York
I'm the person he's reporting as scammer. And I will leave it this simple. I've been around the community for quite some time. Paid for many different pieces of work, and have proof. I hired this guy for mapping. I told him I wanted nice detailed maps, that are rpg style. I agreed to his hourly rate no problem. He then sends me this garbage map:


He tried telling me this took him 4 hours. This map maybe takes 10 minutes, and is complete trash and as I told him, He will not be paid.
 

Raggaer

Godly Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
1,548
Reaction score
878
Location
Spain
I'm the person he's reporting as scammer. And I will leave it this simple. I've been around the community for quite some time. Paid for many different pieces of work, and have proof. I hired this guy for mapping. I told him I wanted nice detailed maps, that are rpg style. I agreed to his hourly rate no problem. He then sends me this garbage map:


He tried telling me this took him 4 hours. This map maybe takes 10 minutes, and is complete trash and as I told him, He will not be paid.
XD
 
OP
issler92

issler92

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
9
So yeah, idk what this dude's on about, but here's the entire context
owned.png
 

BahamutxD

Jack of all trades, master of none
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
537
Reaction score
165
Location
Spain
Looking at the map, it really looks like YOU are the scammer. No offense. Your mapping skills sucks.

Owned clearly stated that he wanted an RPG map, detailed but not too much and with some logic.

What you posted is not RPG (too much autorder, random doodads all around) No details at all and clearly no logic. How does one go to that island, no boat. Whats such a big house doing in such a little island? What are those magic stones? Why is there a dirt path around the island?

Post that map in the public download section, maybe someone can have a use for it in some crappy server.
 
Last edited:

Sleet

Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2016
Messages
102
Reaction score
7
Maybe we should report issler92 for being the one who's scamming around here...
 

sampleangel

I'm your angel
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
118
Reaction score
51
@BahamutxD Dear RME Expert, he is a scammer the fact his creativity is still small? Who cares if map is good or not, the point of this thread of the deal.

Now heading to the report, @issler92 I don't understand why on earth would you send your file when you are not being answered? You seem so much impatient, if you didn't receive any answer, this could mean that person would be no longer interested. Showing the picture is enough, perhaps he ignored you? But what you did? Sent him your file and he got it for free. Anyone would deny it if this person didn't like your work. This doesn't mean this person has to pay you because you forced yourself to send it and no one asked for it yet. Now, no one is going to pay you what you were looking for, at least not @owned. You should learn from your mistakes, before you sellout any of your work, complete the deal and make sure both of you agree, and if you are not being answered, you know what's going on and avoid sending your work first.

It's same as messaging to a guy from trade message and saying that you've delivered him a parcel with 10k and expect to receive the item from foreigner.

I won't call you scammer, but you can't demand for things when you did them wrong. I am sure your work will be improved within years if you keep mapping and learning, it's about being patient and learning. For now, as it seems from the picture, it's not the best work you could put your money on and that's how it's seen by everybody else.

Maybe we should report issler92 for being the one who's scamming around here...
Sure! Let's report him for trying to defend himself!

I am not on his side, nor the interested person one's.
 

owned

Legendary OT User
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
501
Location
New York
@BahamutxD Dear RME Expert, he is a scammer the fact his creativity is still small? Who cares if map is good or not, the point of this thread of the deal.

Now heading to the report, @issler92 I don't understand why on earth would you send your file when you are not being answered? You seem so much impatient, if you didn't receive any answer, this could mean that person would be no longer interested. Showing the picture is enough, perhaps he ignored you? But what you did? Sent him your file and he got it for free. Anyone would deny it if this person didn't like your work. This doesn't mean this person has to pay you because you forced yourself to send it and no one asked for it yet.

I won't call you scammer, but you can't demand for things when you did them wrong. I am sure your work will be improved within years if you keep mapping and learning, it's about being patient and learning. For now, as it seems from the picture, it's not the best work you could put your money on and that's how it's seen by everybody else.


Sure! Let's report him for trying to defend himself!

I am not on his side, nor the interested person one's.
I was in fact afk the whole day and responded to him at my earliest convenience. Regardless, anyone trying to map and be paid for it should know good quality mapping, and this is nowhere near good quality. If hes too incompetent to see this then he should get the harsh truth. It's complete trash, it would take a new mapper a half hour to design a new map like this, let alone someone who's trying to be paid for his work, 4 hours.
 
OP
issler92

issler92

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
9
If you look closely, he basically said "yeah make me a spawn and I'll pay you" (I got private messages to confirm that).
Otherwise, it took him 7 hours (of playing Fortnite) today to finally reply whether he liked where the map was headed or not. By the time he replied, I'd already finished and sent him the files.
Now, I don't blame him for not liking the map, but I blame him for wasting 3-4 hours of my otherwise great saturday afternoon making his stupid spawn. The worst part is I know he's gonna be using it on one of his servers now that he's got the files and that I'm gonna be left working for free, even if he claims the 'map is trash'. He's gonna be making use of it somewhere.
 

owned

Legendary OT User
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
501
Location
New York
If you look closely, he basically said "yeah make me a spawn and I'll pay you" (I got private messages to confirm that).
Otherwise, it took him 7 hours (of playing Fortnite) today to finally reply whether he liked where the map was headed or not. By the time he replied, I'd already finished and sent him the files.
Now, I don't blame him for not liking the map, but I blame him for wasting 3-4 hours of my otherwise great saturday afternoon making his stupid spawn. The worst part is I know he's gonna be using it on one of his servers now that he's got the files and that I'm gonna be left working for free.
Just because Fortnite is up one my computer, doesn't mean I'm at it and playing. But regardless, if you think I'm going to use that map you're insane. Like I told you in our messages, I wouldn't use your map work if my fuckin life depended on it.
 

Eliazz

;|
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
288
Reaction score
86
Location
Sweden
That mapping looks like it was made in 20 minutes Lol theres no way he would use that, and even if it actually took you 4 hours to map that entire thing it wouldnt even be worth 1$.
 

Sleet

Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2016
Messages
102
Reaction score
7
@BahamutxD Dear RME Expert, he is a scammer the fact his creativity is still small? Who cares if map is good or not, the point of this thread of the deal.

Now heading to the report, @issler92 I don't understand why on earth would you send your file when you are not being answered? You seem so much impatient, if you didn't receive any answer, this could mean that person would be no longer interested. Showing the picture is enough, perhaps he ignored you? But what you did? Sent him your file and he got it for free. Anyone would deny it if this person didn't like your work. This doesn't mean this person has to pay you because you forced yourself to send it and no one asked for it yet. Now, no one is going to pay you what you were looking for, at least not @owned. You should learn from your mistakes, before you sellout any of your work, complete the deal and make sure both of you agree, and if you are not being answered, you know what's going on and avoid sending your work first.

It's same as messaging to a guy from trade message and saying that you've delivered him a parcel with 10k and expect to receive the item from foreigner.

I won't call you scammer, but you can't demand for things when you did them wrong. I am sure your work will be improved within years if you keep mapping and learning, it's about being patient and learning. For now, as it seems from the picture, it's not the best work you could put your money on and that's how it's seen by everybody else.


Sure! Let's report him for trying to defend himself!

I am not on his side, nor the interested person one's.
He's not defending himself here, he's trying to scam, it's obvious. Otherwise, he wouldn't be trying to force @owned to pay him. The context that he gave us highly suggests that he is indeed scamming because of this sentence: "you're either paying me or I'm reporting your ass". If you did a freelance job, and the person didnt accept it, that is your problem. Otherwise, if the person uses what you made and he did not pay you for that, then there's a problem here. Which is not the case, he did a shitty job and tried to coerce @owned to pay him. "but you are paying me"
 

Peonso

Godly Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2008
Messages
1,485
Reaction score
973
This is the worst joke thread in Otland since ever, not even funny. I give it 3/10.

"I know he's gonna be using it"

This save it from being total failure, gave me a laugh. Guy should be named issler2k6 instead, to picture better his lack of sense, would give the joke more likelihood.
 

LordVissie

( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
567
Location
The Earth
Nobody is scamming anyone, you shouldn't have send the otbm file.

There are really good RPG pieces in the download section, why would he use this instead of those maps.
 

messenoire

Active Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
106
Reaction score
35
Just so I understand correctly:
> you got a request for making a map
> you accepted and you agreed to some hourly rate
> you make some shitty little map in 20 minutes and try to pass it off as 4 hours of work
> you don't have any of these 4 hours documented anywhere
> you send the OTBM before getting any kind of payment
> you don't even have a few hours of patience for your client, act like a bitch crying that he's playing Fortnite instead of giving you attention (fucking lmao)
> your client is not satisfied with the result (obviously) and refuses to pay
> you make a thread on OTLand accusing him of "scamming" you

...you for real nigga? You scammed yourself but ok
 

jaicob

Excellent OT User
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
101
Reaction score
39
As long as he doesn't use your map on any of his servers it's not scamming which i strongly doubt, he is simply just not satisfied with the work and therefore shouldn't pay to not use it.
 

Snuggles

Mapper for Project XDC, Deathzot V2, TBA XDC 10.77
Joined
Jun 27, 2012
Messages
185
Reaction score
77
Location
Sweden
Agreed, if this is what you can map given 4 hours I would say you need a lot more practise with mapping before you can start charging at an hourly rate or even a fixed price per piece for your mapping. I don't think a lot of people would pay for this piece considering what is already available to download for free on the forum.

But don't give up, it's clear you were way out of your comfort zone trying to map what I assume to be an actual 4 hour job even for an experienced mapper.

You say you've been through this many times before, if I were to give you a tip - ask the person hiring you to do the mapping what he expect from you in terms of detail and what he means by RPG. Ask him to send you pictures and then evaluate if you have the skill to pull off what your customer is asking for. :)
 

Nosferatu88

Tibia Tibia
Joined
Nov 4, 2017
Messages
352
Reaction score
132
Location
Poland
I'm the person he's reporting as scammer. And I will leave it this simple. I've been around the community for quite some time. Paid for many different pieces of work, and have proof. I hired this guy for mapping. I told him I wanted nice detailed maps, that are rpg style. I agreed to his hourly rate no problem. He then sends me this garbage map:


He tried telling me this took him 4 hours. This map maybe takes 10 minutes, and is complete trash and as I told him, He will not be paid.

This map could be used at it's best as some small shitty "999x evolution ots" respawn of elves :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top