• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Reputation system is getting way out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? I asked for reputation on my TFS compilling tutorial too.No one forces you to give reputation even if you are being asked.Also it's not bad to give reputation to someone who offers something to the community (such as help,a tutorial or a program).

Oh and btw,if you notice someone spamming use the
report.gif
function.

You shouldn't have to ask for reputation, that's not polite at all.
Asking for reputation makes you look like a complete retarded noob.
Let the person think how nice you are and how helpful you are instead of following what you say "GIF REPUTATION! OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END IF U DONT!! AFFF"

You shouldn't have to ask for reputation, that's not polite at all.
Asking for reputation makes you look like a complete retarded noob.
Let the person think how nice you are and how helpful you are instead of following what you say "GIF REPUTATION! OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END IF U DONT!! AFFF"

As I said no one forces you to give reputation.If you find someone helpful or whatever,you can decide wether to give him reputation or not regardless being asked.Why do you even care if they look like a retard when they ask for rep?

As I said no one forces you to give reputation.If you find someone helpful or whatever,you can decide wether to give him reputation or not regardless being asked.Why do you even care if they look like a retard when they ask for rep?

My question is, why do people ask for reputation?
There's no competition, there's nothing to do with reputation, to a ton of people, reputation is a huge fukin deal...

My question is, why do people ask for reputation?
There's no competition, there's nothing to do with reputation, to a ton of people, reputation is a huge fukin deal...

Because they just want to get reputation.Reputation here is a sign of trust.The more rep you have the more trustworthy you are (that's what some people believe).Well,if you believe reputation is a huge deal,just don't give rep to anyone.

"Asking for reputation is not a sign of trust, it's a sign of fighting greed." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I only see posts of him crying lol. Go to another forum then if you don't like it here.

Says who that I am crying?
It sounds like you're all a bunch of beggars that act like the world is being taken over by apocalypse and the only way to survive is asking for reputation. That's what killed the social activity on Otland.

Says who that I am crying?
It sounds like you're all a bunch of beggars that act like the world is being taken over by apocalypse and the only way to survive is asking for reputation. That's what killed the social activity on Otland.

You're here for two days and you're criticising otland's social activity? Gratz

Who says I've been here for 2 days?
Better fact, I was here before you were, April 2007.

Look in your signiture, you're asking for reputation and willing to give it back.
As another global moderator stated "We don't give free reps, you will have to earn it" Apparently, your reputations are fraudulent because you have done nothing to earn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who says I've been here for 2 days?
Better fact, I was here before you were, April 2007.

Look in your signiture, you're asking for reputation and willing to give it back.
As another global moderator stated "We don't give free reps, you will have to earn it" Apparently, your reputations are fraudulent because you have done nothing to earn it.

You are too stupid to fool me.Otland was founded on May 2007.I've done a lot,more than you ever did and I assure you I received no point from that signature.

You could give a certain person reputation for a post you think is amusing, interesting or educational and informative for you.
If somebody asks for example in a tutorial for rep, because its something useful to you or even else that I stated above. Then this could be a reminder that you can give the reputation for his work and motivation done on this tutorial. Anyhow it's the user's decision when giving rep or not since you can not command people to give you rep after all.

What's written in a a signature and in a post is something else. First here's some facts that we probably disallow or allow:

1.) User makes a whole thread to ask/give for reputation in return as a trade without any other content (it also can be indicated as spam). - disallowed.
2.) User makes something such a tutorial, program applications etc and he included some text like "Give me reputation for making this" Then this is possible as long this person doesn't asks for rep in a new post in the same thread all the time (this also can be indicated as spam) - Allowed
3.) User asks nicely in private message for rep. (since its private) - Allowed
If you're being spammed then report it when you do. - Disallowed
4.)User ask for reputation in his own signature. - Allowed because of this sentence "its the user's decision when giving rep or not since you can not command people to give you rep after all."

Kind regards,
Xenios.

Last edited:
You could give a certain person reputation for a post you think is amusing, interesting or educational and informative for you.
If somebody asks for example in a tutorial for rep, because its something useful to you or even else that I stated above. Then this could be a reminder that you can give the reputation for his work and motivation done on this tutorial. Anyhow it's the user's decision when giving rep or not since you can not command people to give you rep after all.

What's written in a a signature and in a post is something else. First here's some facts that we probably disallow or allow:

1.) User makes a whole thread to ask/give for reputation in return as a trade (it also can be indicated as spam). - disallowed.
2.) User makes something such a tutorial, program applications etc and he included some text like "Give me reputation for making this" Then this is possible as long this person doesn't asks for rep in a new post in the same thread all the time (this also can be indicated as spam) - Allowed
3.) User asks nicely in private message for rep. (since its private) - Allowed
If you're being spammed then report it when you do. - Disallowed
4.)User ask for reputation in his own signature. - Allowed because of this sentence "its the user's decision when giving rep or not since you can not command people to give you rep after all."

Kind regards,
Xenios.

Xenios ftw! Well said dude...

"its the user's decision when giving rep or not since you can not command people to give you rep after all."

Can I have some rep for introducing this sentence? :D

I like how you come here and try to act like you're smart, but to me you look like nothing but an idiot. How about going back to OTFans if this community is so much worse?

Oh, and by the way:
"Asking for reputation is not a sign of trust, it's a sign of fighting greed." - Martin Luther King Jr.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Asking+for+reputation+is+not+a+sign+of+trust"
You fail at quoting, a quote is supposed to be identical to the original and not some made up crap.

I like how you come here and try to act like you're smart, but to me you look like nothing but an idiot. How about going back to OTFans if this community is so much worse?

Oh, and by the way:

"Asking for reputation is not a sign of trust" - Google Search
You fail at quoting, a quote is supposed to be identical to the original and not some made up crap.

Talaturen on action!!!! Rofl,I always like the way you own people like him :D

He even used my own words to make that thing up

I actually do agree about people who ask everywhere about rep. It's kinda annoying as I think you have to earn rep, and not by posting everywhere that you want rep. But as it is allowed to do it, I won't argue about it with anyone. I barely asked for rep. Sometimes, I have to admit, I did, because the other one asked like 'how can I pay you back' or something. Just for fun and didn't tell them that they had to give it.

And BTW:

Oh, and by the way:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Asking+for+reputation+is+not+a+sign+of+trust"

Tala you really pwn at pwning people :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back