• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Reputation!

Thror

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for reading.
I know many people won't agree with me but please, no flaming :).

I am really annoyed by the following things;

REP++ ME I GIVE BACK!!!11
IF YOU REP ME I REP BACK!!
PLS REP+++ ME!
IF YOU HELP I REP++ YOU!!

I understand that people would like reputation points if they made an awesome server, or a great tutorial. But this is just plain advertising for there reputation points.

The whole system was made so you could see who is a trust-able member, on OTLand it means nothing if you got a lot of reputation points.

There is a huge site called Gamerenders (designers might know it) they also use a reputation system and also have strict rules about it, and it's working great there.

I'd say, make a rule against ASKING for reputation points.
It should be spontaneous.

Thanks for reading, feel free to give your opinion :).
(and rep++ pl00x!!?!?!!111)

And now you think you deserve a Rep+ or what?

I'm just having it on my siggy to remember them :p

Iv been doing this for a quite time now, removing all the "rep++" in thread name. I feel annoyed too i allow it in posts signature etc. but not i thread name!

Why do think people would "forget" to give you reputation points if you really deserve it? Now your more pushing them to give you reputation points.

Thanks.

i agree but we all do it sum stage xD
Yeah, and I understand that because everybody does it, you do also :p. RESIST! TAKE THE RED PILL!

Maybe we should have stricter rules about the rep system.
Yeah, we/you should :).

Iv been doing this for a quite time now, removing all the "rep++" in thread name. I feel annoyed too i allow it in posts signature etc. but not i thread name!
Good, post like "HELP ME! I REP!!" really does help I guess, people WILL answer the post faster.. what a shame :p.

I agree. The simplest thing would probably be removing the rep system alltogether, but I think that's a little too hard on people. But I can remove all "please give rep" in signatures, that wouldn't be too complicated, and I guess a rule against "PLEASE GIF REPZ!!!" in threads would be fit.

I dont get it.
You are disagreeing with people who ask for reputation point and you are the one asking for rep o.o

Lol.
Your telling them that they can rep you and if they leave their name they will get rep back.
Your just as lame as everybody else.

Ont; Agreed!

People ask for reputation in helpful posts.That means that most of people asking for reputation get rep from helpful posts, not from something useless. Also, I'd like to remind you that you're not obligated to give reputation to anyone and I am pretty sure that there are not members who give out reputation points randomly.

I dont get it.
You are disagreeing with people who ask for reputation point and you are the one asking for rep o.o

That's something called "sarcasm".

People ask for reputation in helpful posts.That means that most of people asking for reputation get rep from helpful posts, not from something useless. Also, I'd like to remind you that you're not obligated to give reputation to anyone and I am pretty sure that there are not members who give out reputation points randomly.

That's something called "sarcasm".

agreed ;) i dont give rep points for some easy shits, and i have never asked for rep points ever since i joined otland, just shows how pathetic some peoples really are and shows they cant get trusted on some other way. I would love to see a rule like warnings then getting ban if you ask for rep points would be fun and see how many people would help others without it ;).

It is in signatures, because no one probably know for what is this small icon under avatar.

There could be also some new button "This post was useful" in posts.