• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Request] Checking online time and paying fee

KingWit

('_')
Reaction score
I need help with a thing that I need for my script.

I want a globalevent that checks how long the players have been online.
If the player have been online in 6 hours he have to pay a fee [3k].

I also have a bank system in mods with storagevalue 23232, that I want that you pay your fee from that storagevalue.

Anyone have any idea how to make this work?

Refreshing, need help anyway xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing tax system for my server. I want each 6 hour a player needs to pay tax [3k] and I need a function that checks how long the player have been online

I'm doing tax system for my server. I want each 6 hour a player needs to pay tax [3k] and I need a function that checks how long the player have long have been playing

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not allow to bump/refresh/double post on your thread within 24 hours from your last post.

You aint in a position to question his request, grow up PLEASE. I'll look into this thou is that storageIDs value the amount of gold available? or how does it work?
Exactly

@OP
And how often would you execute the event?

Well, I could past my main orginal post. Maybe you'll get more use of that:

Hello, I want to add taxes on my server. I want like to have a storage id to the bank system, so every 6 hour [online time] you have to pay X money to the state for playing there. This idea would make that the server has it players more active. So if you are offline 3 days, it wont count . If the player doesnt have the requiret money in the bank he will be sended x position [like a prison where you have to hunt there to pay your taxes to a NPC [guard], remember that this happens only when hes online [6 hour]. When the player payed his tax he is free to go. Every time you pay tax you'll get tax points, and xxxx points gives you more opportunity to pay money to the state.

Now by definding the word state, those are people who work for the state. The people of the state is NPCs, like rune sellers, loot seller, or other kinds of npcs.

Now by paying rent to your house you have to pay it via the bank. When you have high tax points your rent will be lesser and you'll of course have the right from the state to buy an empty house [like bigger houses, which I have to put a new value ID for each house I make]. Now why I do this is because, there will be very big houses in the server, and the state has to know that you can handle the rent. House price will be putted 3.5k/per sqm for low paying taxers and will the price will decries if you are high tax payer [down till maybe 500gp/sqm].

Now if you are low tax payer, you buy runes and potions for the normal price [The normal price is the price that is putted action map], if you are high tax payer, you'll get like 30-40% lower of the price. And for selling loot, you'll get normal price for selling as a low tax payer and high tax payer you'll get more cash for selling [like 15-25% more cash for each item].

And there will be scripts that I put on action.id in the map, that a script will run. To make a quest, you need x tax points and some cash to enter the door. This idea makes the tax system more serious and by this idea activity in the server will increase.

If the player doesn't pay his tax and is sended to jail, he will get - points in his tax rank. If the player goes under 0 [e.g -5 points], everything from above will be on the contrary way [E.g the player will buy runes/potion for more money than the normal price and sell loot of lesser price].

[Rank system]

{names

-690 Abandod [-65%] --- threated as outsider
-540 Bandit [-50%] --- wanted
-350 Runing away [-25%] ---- Hiding from the goverment
-250 Plight situation [-15%] --- taking things heavy
-100 Going under [-5%]
0 --start -New in this city
+200 Villigian [5%]
+500 Seen in the city [10%]
+700 Normal tax payer [15%]
+1080 Fighter [20%] --- Country fighter
+1380 High tax payer [25%]
+1690 Land saver [30%] -- Served your country well
+2000 Bussnies man [35%] --- Commander
+2500 General [45%] --- Doesnt have to pay any fee for quest doors, no rent for houses, Enter to vip quest/teleport room

For the bank system

I want the bank system have a storagevalue which incase you say !bank a msg with [with MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE type] that tells you how much cash you have in bank.

[PS, this is the planing file (A)]

If you want more info, tell me xD

PSS AGAIN [EDIT 2] I still need the requested fucntion :p

Last edited:
In case lastlogin is updated onLogin:
loop through online players, select lastlogin and compare it with os.time(), if its higher than x hours, try to remove his money, if it fails - send to specified position.

kk

In case lastlogin is updated onLogin:
loop through online players, select lastlogin and compare it with os.time(), if its higher than x hours, try to remove his money, if it fails - send to specified position.

kk
A lot more complex, but that's how it'd begin.

Also, last login is not updated onLogin but onLogout :D (IOLoginData::savePlayer)

You aint in a position to question his request, grow up PLEASE.

I think I am, I'm inquiring why he would want something like that, at least he gave me an answer that wasn't some stuck up little prick trying to be tough. I think you should grow up and not attempt to beat people down for asking a question.

Im with Grehy, he has the right to ask, its a request thread. Beggars can't be choosers so they say. Anyway maybe if he had a good reason Grehy would have made the script for him. You aren't in any position to moderate his post. Thats a mods job :p.

@topic, Taxes in real life aint fun so I can't imagine it being fun on a server, good luck though >.<

Im with Grehy, he has the right to ask, its a request thread. Beggars can't be choosers so they say. Anyway maybe if he had a good reason Grehy would have made the script for him. You aren't in any position to moderate his post. Thats a mods job :p.

@topic, Taxes in real life aint fun so I can't imagine it being fun on a server, good luck though >.<

I know, I hate them too [I live in Sweden and the taxes here is damn high and that's why it ain't fun] But!!! [Notice the exclamation mark] I'm planing to have a semi-high rates server [e.g (+/-)20-25x] and loot-rate quite good to have fair loots. So paying taxes wont be hard, but I'm not planing to make it easy neither. I mean cmon, paying rent every 6hour with the price of maybe 10-15k !!IN!! a OT server is not that hard and instead of having punch of people who only camp dp/temple/trainers or whatever for no reason, do you give them more activity to look forward too.

Now, lets take me in this case too. There is a lot of servers who runs on a donation system, which is a really big pain in the a*s {Economic problems in-real} I'm not getting the same fun as people who can afford donations.

I'm quite sure that many others have the same problem and thinks that now days OT servers is boring, because of this unfair system. So with my tax system, that I'm trying to build it gives people like me to have a chance to have the same fun as other people (who donated) but instead of wasting money, you work your a*s off and with some time you'll have this chance.

If you look at my old posts from the first page, you'll see that I'm planing to make a rank system to the tax [like reputation system which could be found in Lua & XML/Action, movement and talkaction section] (read my post to understand how it works and what that system does) you'll probably see some fun in this future.

Still, I just requested a function and yes you have the right to ask why. But now you have more than a complete idea which (I hope not) people will steal *nöff nöff* - I'm just joking right now.

Anyways, if you still doesn't like this idea and do not want to help me. Then all I can say that I'm sorry to waste your energy on arguing with someone else on my thread :p [Joke again xD]

Last edited:
Back