• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

NPC [Request] Need a Promotion NPC that only promote premium players TFS 0.3.5

sunix64

Blogger
Reaction score
As the tittle said, I need a NPC that you MUST be premium to buy promotion.
I know that in config.lua, you can choose the option "premium for promotion", (function that works) but in the database (and so as the website) it appears as promoted! :S (Promotion = "1" -> something like that).
So I need that the NPC only talk or sell to premium players (as the addoner NPC, for e.x.)
Thanks
I'm Using The Forgotten Server, version 0.3.5 (Crying Damson)^_^

First of all, you're in the wrong forum. This should be in the Requests and Support forum. Second, I suppose I could cook something up for you. If your post gets moved before I'm done, I'll either find your new post location or PM you the script.

Alright. That was extremely simple. I took a look at the one that generally comes with a server.
You will see this, or something like it:
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)			npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)			end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)		npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)			end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)		npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)		end
function onThink()				npcHandler:onThink()					end

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promot'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want me to promote you?'})
	node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
	node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

All you have to do is put this:
Code:

function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)		npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)		end

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promot'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want me to promote you?'})
	node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, [B][SIZE="3"]premium = true,[/SIZE][/B] text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
	node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

Just add "premium = true," after level or cost. Enjoy.

Should you encounter any problems with that, simply setting premiumForPromotion = "yes" in config.lua should do the job.

Alright. That was extremely simple. I took a look at the one that generally comes with a server.
You will see this, or something like it:
Code:

node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})

All you have to do is put this:
Code:

node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, [B][SIZE="3"]premium = true,[/SIZE][/B] text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})

Just add "premium = true," after level or cost. Enjoy.

Thanks!!
Rep++

Back