• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Request/qustion -> Firing up a script in unusual situation

nazarian

Reaction score
I don't really know is this an apropriate place for such question, because I think my request could be achieved by modifing the source code, but because of the fact that I am going to update my version of TFS from changelog manually, I try to use as little modifications to the code as possible. So, without further empty words:

1. Is it possible (without modifing the source) to fire up a script when a given monster dies? Something like XML tag "onDeath script=..." blah blah blah. I think You got it, right? I could possibly use onDeath creaturescript, but performance of my server is very important to me, and using a script on each creature death could be too resource-consuming. Or maybe I don't know that it's alredy such mechanism used.

2. More important, does "RemoveItem" movement support using a script when someone removes item from container with given ActionID? I.E. I have a chest, with ActionID set to 31401, and I want to put something to player storage when he/she removes given object from that chest. So, will the server trigger a script if I just write something like this in movements.xml:

Code:
<movevent event="RemoveItem" actionid="31401" script="myscript.lua"/>

1. http://otland.net/f132/create-teleport-when-kill-monster-23359/ (modify it for your own liking)
2. Use the onRemoveItem and/or the onAddItem function. (EDIT; sorry didn't read the entire question. Even though it may work, you would have to create the actual script for it, there's no predefined function (as far as I'm concerned) which does what you want it to do).

Last edited:
Back