• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

requesting help on spell effect problem

izaak

Reaction score
i have a spell with 40 effects but when a player dies the effects keep on going u dont see them but i get errors in my server console

everytime when the effect should have come when the player was alive i get this error

Code:
[01/10/2010 05:29:04] [Error - Spell Interface] 
[01/10/2010 05:29:04] In a timer event called from: 
[01/10/2010 05:29:04] data/spells/scripts/Wizzard/wizzard shield.lua:onCastSpell
[01/10/2010 05:29:04] Description: 
[01/10/2010 05:29:04] (luaDoCombat) Creature not found

is there anyway to stop the spell effects if a player dies , or logs out?

Last edited:
please i really need a solution for this problem
i tired doing it with storage value but it returns nill and the errors keep on going in my console
i hope any1 can help me i keep on trying myself also

if i solve this be4 any1 has a sugjestion or sollution method then il post that its fixed here

Last edited:
my sick ass manashield

if you would like to take a look at it i would really apreciate it i uploaded my script
or if any other spell scripter would that would also be greatly apreciated

this script is a manashield with a 3 minet during effect.
but when i logout it spamms and i need to get that out my console here is the link

Wizzard shield lua

Last edited:
if you would like to take a look at it i would really apreciate it i uploaded my script
or if any other spell scripter would that would also be greatly apreciated

this script is a manashield with a 3 minet during effect.
but when i logout it spamms and i need to get that out my console here is the link

Wizzard shield lua

ahh that could be shortened like heeeell! :p but i dont have time :/ anyway, you should put "if(isPlayer()) then" blabla in each of those onCastSpell1 etc... so it only use that doCombat if player is online!!

your script gave me a great idea of a real raw spell to make! thanks for that :p

@colandus haha np thank you il try to fix it like that.

@luciano if u host on a shitty connection then yes but this spell casts an effect every 3 minets wich looks cool
and i dont lagg at all with it cause ich bin das shitz xD no but 4 real its a cool spell xD

the spell will probably cause lags as it's having 40 active timer events at once! and if there's e.g. 10 players casting the spell it would be 400 events active! i have written a little tutorial once that describes upon this issue and how to solve it :) hit my signature and you might find it

hmm i wish i could rescript it way shorter il try to do it following youre tutorial thank you for youre time xD

the thing is iam not as good as u guys yet but still i try xD
but i thought for every action is a reaction thats why i made that mnny

but im just dropping this spell for now i have to much stuff to do for my server
1 day before i launch my server i wil try to fix the spell using youre tutorial and another 1 i found.

thank you for youre time xD i apreaciate the helping advice,

Back