• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Revamping server (to C# / .Net Core 2.0) and website

What about github commit? Maybe I'll contribute a little

I have no idea what do you mean.

If you're asking why we haven't merged the feature branches into the master, that's because the features are not fully documented and (unit-)tested.
If you wanna see some code, check the non-master branches ._. E.g.: "my branch"

I have no idea what do you mean.

If you're asking why we haven't merged the feature branches into the master, that's because the features are not fully documented and (unit-)tested.
If you wanna see some code, check the non-master branches ._. E.g.: "my branch"
so if someone wanted to test and try to contribute should branch from dev-unstable?

so if someone wanted to test and try to contribute should branch from dev-unstable?

Nope, they should use the branch with the feature they want to test.
I.e.: if you want to play around with encryption / client communication, use the `login-and-game-connection' branch; if you you want to check the world loading, use my branch.

About dev-unstable: dev-unstable is a branch maintained by RodallDemoJuhziz. As far as I know he uses that branch to fix merge issues and refactor code before sending to the master.

Nope, they should use the branch with the feature they want to test.
I.e.: if you want to play around with encryption / client communication, use the `login-and-game-connection' branch; if you you want to check the world loading, use my branch.

About dev-unstable: dev-unstable is a branch maintained by RodallDemoJuhziz. As far as I know he uses that branch to fix merge issues and refactor code before sending to the master.
Okay.

Will you use gitflow?

Okay.

Will you use gitflow?

I never heard about gitflow before now.
I quickly googled it and it's look like we are already using such "technique", hehe.

To be honest, I can't tell snakes from dildos about git.
RodallDemoJuhziz is the git wizard. Join our discord, have a chat with him :)

I never heard about gitflow before now.
I quickly googled it and it's look like we are already using such "technique", hehe.

To be honest, I can't tell snakes from dildos about git.
RodallDemoJuhziz is the git wizard. Join our discord, have a chat with him :)
Already joined, Im Vysius there ;)

Im really curious, and i think i can tell you some tips about a proper "git flow" :p.

Wow, very interested in this. I've been thinking of starting a project like this for a long time, but doing it alone just seemed overwhelming. With a bunch of people working on it, we could get something out in no time :)

Count me in. I'll join the discord this weekend

Edit: You should also have a look here Unity3D client?

C# for the win.

Wow, very interested in this. I've been thinking of starting a project like this for a long time, but doing it alone just seemed overwhelming. With a bunch of people working on it, we could get something out in no time :)

Count me in. I'll join the discord this weekend

Edit: You should also have a look here Unity3D client?

C# for the win.

Glad to have you onboard :) See you on the weekend.

About the client:
If I understood things correctly, that's a closed source project. No deal.

If I understand it correctly, the only thing you will not have access to is the low level framework.

Like how you don't have full access to every single piece of code that makes unity work, but you can create anything with it.

Nonetheless, can't wait to see where it stands, and how I can contribute :)

If I understand it correctly, the only thing you will not have access to is the low level framework.

Like how you don't have full access to every single piece of code that makes unity work, but you can create anything with it.

Nonetheless, can't wait to see where it stands, and how I can contribute :)

Dude, why do you enter so many lines between your sentences? It's weird to quote you, lol.

Anyway... I'm quite strict in this "open/closed source" aspect.
I wish him the best of luck, but we have no interested in his project.
We won't write any code with his project / protocols / framework in mind.

Dude, why do you enter so many lines between your sentences? It's weird to quote you, lol.

Anyway... I'm quite strict in this "open/closed source" aspect.
I wish him the best of luck, but we have no interested in his project.
We won't write any code with his project / protocols / framework in mind.

No idea why I did that to be honest. When the chat box is up on my phone I have very little viewing space of what I'm typing, lol.

Just throwing out that other project to see if you were interested. It makes no difference in my want for a c# engine. :)

That's very nice Elvang! We've noticed about 3 or 4 (now 4, because one of them was private until the owner joined our team) projects that were in C#. We've tried to contact some of them and also check their codes to see if something was of use. But, unfortunately, our main idea is a bit different from those codes. We're coding in for .Net Core, so that it can be deployed anywhere, we're trying to make the code as easily readable as possible and also trying to change old and unchanged stuff that has been haunting the Tibia community for years, like some protocol stuff and map formats, as well as all those .xml files, that are from last decade. Therefore, we do learned a lot with TFS and with those C# projects, but we don't intend to copy them, neither use slices of them. Thank you for showing us, everything is of great help for our project!

Bump, let's see if someone more wants to help
We're always welcoming people! Call everyone u know xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey people, RodallDemoJuhziz here!

I came to update u all!
We're still in full speed development and, every time, we're getting help from new people that are interested!

Currently we've restructured about 90% of our Network code and we've also updated and sped up our cryptography methods. We've also had a lot of advancement on map loading and pathfinding, while using A*. The item implementation is still being worked and we're also working with lua, so everyone can script :D

Currently, our project has grown a lot. Therefore, we're interested on finding people to help us speed our process, and people that have interest on working with Code Management on our project. We already have someone interested, but we need to organize our developing Road Map, coordinate what will develop (functionalities) and in which order (prioritize them). More than that, we also need to update our Wiki on Github and keep all the community updated about everything thats is going on with our project.

This way, I'm leaving an invite for everyone that wants to help us and also likes/knows how to manage big projets with multiple developers.
We'll be always updating you guys with more information!

Come to our development Discord,
kiki.png
we'll surely give you all a very nice welcome!

Hello @samco

Actually yes. We have a small gap on the development due to work and study, but we're still active and working on the project! You can access our discord, contribute and follow our advancements there ^_^
As soon as we have more significant progress we'll let you all know and also post more here :)

Hello @samco

Actually yes. We have a small gap on the development due to work and study, but we're still active and working on the project! You can access our discord, contribute and follow our advancements there ^_^
As soon as we have more significant progress we'll let you all know and also post more here :)
I've been in the discord for a long time but not anymore. Also checked the github, but no special commits i saw :p

Good work guys,
Is there like a list with the bugs or features that needs to be done. or i have to fish for it?
I'm interested on contributing into this project

Back