• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rl tibia update: exp boost, rightclick gold change and no-loss bag in sms shop.

I'm actually not that suprised lol... P2W, change gold with an item, and a gold puch which you cannot drop. Wow.

Tbh. I don't mind the pouch too much, let's be honest, who pks someone and loots their 4 bps of GP anyway. However, the other 2 options feels kinda fucked up

I don't play this trash game anymore, but I had a good laugh reading through this:
http://forum.tibia.com/forum/?action=thread&threadid=4494906

Basically, Cipsoft justifies themselves by saying "We asked the community about this and some thought it was a good idea". Then you see the actual response from the community and there's like a 99.9% negative response:D

These guys...seriously, what's going on in that company? I've never seen a company so greedy like this. The way they *never* listen to the community is astounding, the way they never contracted employees for technical support & to monitor the actual game, their indifference against cheaters....my god, how has such a game survived this long? These idiots only think about the short-term monetary gains when making decisions. I swear that if a better company managed this game, it would have on average 100,000+ players online by now.

They are milking it, that's all, it's been what 20 years? They are pretty much x2 older than they were before, and are actually pretty wealthy.
Given how time flies, and how uber shit the last major updates have been, they are limited to what they have in the current Tibia scenario, let them milk it away, so it can end asap, and hope they release all their server sources for the past 20 years :=) *It's good to dream*

CipSoft are a joke of a company but I can appreciate the content they generate, most of the time anyway.
However their shop is taking the piss, sure there are games out there that offer similar things but in some ways I think CipSoft saying "some" of our players thought it was a good idea means a lot didn't aswell...

I doubt CipSoft introduce such features just because they are greedy. I believe that they have little choice, or at least little perceived choice. They need the money to survive.
Somebody should get hold of their published financials and see how the company is actually doing:

http://www.deutsche-unternehmen-register.com/pub?id=8072393

They didn't add exp boost. :p

Fqsknpf.jpg

I couldn't care less. Exp booster is spread a lot among MMOs to allow those who don't have much time to play(due to e.g. work) to still keep up & play with their friends.
Of course it can also be (ab)used to PG but a company wants money so that's that. I never wanted to compete for the top in MMOs anyways so I couldn't care less but I can see that it pisses some ppl off.
Anyway it is not p2w from my POV. OP items in shop like Age of Conan has would be. Exp just gives you more numbers (aka stats) and saves you time. Alright? That's it.

The best way MMOs should handle such abuse in the future is to still sell exp boosts but have a system that scales you down when playing with friends like GW2 has. This way ppl can always quest together and those who wish to rush ahead through the content can do so with the use of double exp.

I couldn't care less. Exp booster is spread a lot among MMOs to allow those who don't have much time to play(due to e.g. work) to still keep up & play with their friends.
Of course it can also be (ab)used to PG but a company wants money so that's that. I never wanted to compete for the top in MMOs anyways so I couldn't care less but I can see that it pisses some ppl off.
Anyway it is not p2w from my POV. OP items in shop like Age of Conan has would be. Exp just gives you more numbers (aka stats) and saves you time. Alright? That's it.

The best way MMOs should handle such abuse in the future is to still sell exp boosts but have a system that scales you down when playing with friends like GW2 has. This way ppl can always quest together and those who wish to rush ahead through the content can do so with the use of double exp.
When you add experience boosts to Tibia, it is OP though.
Other mmo's have level caps, where you can only boost to top level.
In Tibia, where there is no level cap, gaining more experience indirectly affects the other players on the server, in multiple small ways.

So yes, it is simply a money grab on Cipsoft's part, as they should easily be able to see the issue.

When you add experience boosts to Tibia, it is OP though.
Other mmo's have level caps, where you can only boost to top level.
In Tibia, where there is no level cap, gaining more experience indirectly affects the other players on the server, in multiple small ways.

So yes, it is simply a money grab on Cipsoft's part, as they should easily be able to see the issue.

Well yeah, Tibia is a bit special with the levels here however can't blame Cip. They are a company and want to make money. Some companies are more money hungry some are less. It's up to each and everyone to decide to stick with them, to login to their game and p(l)ay. Anyone can quit at any time :p Yes, Cip is probably driving the train towards the end of the line where there some day Tibia will rip. But until then it is only natural for them to try and get the max outa this project.

Could only QUOTE what Damon said.

It's our turn to make a perfect game that we always wanted to play.

Hail developing gods.

Back