• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME borders question

BahamutxD

Jack of all trades, master of none
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!

Just a quick one hope someone can help me.

How can you make it so when you use a tile with autoborder on non mapped terrain it uses that tile border and not the default one (mountain)

Pictures to show what I mean

oXN6opC.png

RME/data/version/grounds.xml
and change id in border align to "none" on whatever border id you want.
You can check particular id in borders.xml

RME/data/version/grounds.xml
and change id in border align to "none" on whatever border id you want.
You can check particular id in borders.xml

Awesome thanks! Seems to be working now.

While I'm on it I'll ask another doubt I have.

Is there any way to have a ground be part of 2 different brushes? Or add an alternate border to brushes somehow?

I want to make brushes like this.

Both the grass and mud bruses have alternate versions for both borders but what about a 3rd border?

NDSoTxU.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You would gotta have a third set of grass tiles i guess, since ids can't be duplicated on registration.
So i don't think it's possible.

I might be wrong though. It wasn't never really a problem for me, just use more RAW. ;]

@2Rec is right. You need different ground IDs to make another brush and I'm as sad as you are : (

Thats a shame, I guess thats something that can be changed in RME but since I don't know how to code all I can do is a suggestion for someone to change it.

I was actually making some changes to your brushes with the aim to make alternate borders for the most common grounds (like grass, dirt, earth...) when paired with grey/red mountains but I'll leave it as it is for now I guess.

Thank you both!

Back