• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows RME Can't open any maps.

cont4iner123

Reaction score
So I've been having this Issue for a while now and it's getting annoying to say the least..
So to my problem, every time I open a map in RME (3.2 or 3.3 not sure cause I'm not at home atm), I get the message "failed to load houses and spawns.xml", but if I create a new map and import it, it works without a single error.

Been looking through the forums without any luck so far, so this is my last resort.

houses.xml and spawns.xml are separate from the map file (which is .otbm). When you open a map while there is no designated houses or spawns xml files it will give you this error. When you import a map and save it, it will create a new houses.xml and spawns.xml that are linked to the file (in this case the imported map) you just saved.

If you think there were house tiles or monsters spawned and you want to retrieve the xml files, you'll have to ask the person who made the map.
Otherwise this is not really an issue. Just import and save the maps that give these errors and then use those files.

houses.xml and spawns.xml are separate from the map file (which is .otbm). When you open a map while there is no designated houses or spawns xml files it will give you this error. When you import a map and save it, it will create a new houses.xml and spawns.xml that are linked to the file (in this case the imported map) you just saved.

If you think there were house tiles or monsters spawned and you want to retrieve the xml files, you'll have to ask the person who made the map.
Otherwise this is not really an issue. Just import and save the maps that give these errors and then use those files.

The problem is, that the houses and spawns are in their respective .xml file, my brother can open the map on his RME without any errors, but I can't.. Even if I import it, save it, then try to open it again...Error once again.
I know how the file system works, and it's not as easy as you're trying to make it. Thanks for trying though!

Edit: typo.

How do you make the server try not to change the RME version or Items.otb select the appropriate for your client and you will not have problems of this type.

How do you make the server try not to change the RME version or Items.otb select the appropriate for your client and you will not have problems of this type.

Back to my previous response, I'm using the same settings and everything as my brother, same RME version, same items, same spawns, houses and maps. He can open any map that we've got without any errors, but I can't.

Back to my previous response, I'm using the same settings and everything as my brother, same RME version, same items, same spawns, houses and maps. He can open any map that we've got without any errors, but I can't.
Try to reinstall tibia which ur brother have, i believe there is even two version of 8.6 compiled diffrently, just try this

Back