• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME comprehensive setup guide

Fichom

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm interested in dipping my toe into Tibia mapping. While I understand the appeal and nostalgia for older versions of Tibia, one can not deny increase in quality and diversity of assets that come with the latest Tibia version. So what I'm looking for is to setup a RME that will have all the assets available from latest OG Tibia version - or the latest ones that are available. I've been trying to follow some guides on how to do this, but I've been unsuccessful in setting up my RME in a way that allows me to see all the assets (though some might not be available) and without having an error message when loading in.

I've read some of the "latest" guides that are available, but they are 3+ years older and, as far as I've understood from my brief research here on the forums, things are maybe not as simple for the latest version assets. The guides I've followed are [Tutorial] [Basic] RME which is from 2020, and Downgraded 13.x assets that has some relatively new info and appears to be quite up to date despite also originally being from 2020.

In regard to the latter source, I've been having the issue of getting warnings when loading assets. Note that after clicking 'OK', the editor still works. But I'm not sure if there is something not working in global for me, or if it's just the few brushes/assets/whatever missing (and why are they missing). Error window below.
1698079527113.png

Of course, it might be that there is a comprehensive guide on how to get things working, and I just haven't had the luck of finding it in the forums. If that is the case, please do point me to the correct thread. I'm also assuming there are (but do correct me) a lot of custom assets created by members of the community - I'm wondering how I'd go about locating these and installing them. I've checked out the Assets Editor and will read up on details how one might include custom assets and all that, but for now I'd be more interested to see if people have already done some work I might find useful before embarking on recreating the exact same thing, effectively wasting time.

Back