• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved RME Error [OTBM] Failed to load item ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompi

A hoagie in disguise.
Solutions
Reaction score
So I tried fixing an error I had with RME Map Editor where I couldn't change the text on the signs.
Someone linked me the 760 data folder (fixed) and everything worked great at first, I could change the text on signs again!

But then I realized that some items stops the server from starting if I put them out in the editor. Like pots, some food, some jewelry. Only some items.

I can summon the items perfectly ingame, they even have the same ID both in the editor and ingame.

I have even tried to re-install and delete everything that is RME, even the items.otb in the server but the problem still persists.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

rUhioQW.png

Solution
If that's the case you shouldn't have issues. You changed items.otb in the server? If you did, that might be the issue. Pools, vials, and some other items had different settings on different otb versions, OTHire uses the settings of 8.6 servers, despite being a 7.6/7.72. You should use default items.otb in the server and change the RME one. Else it might be something wrong with the map, try to create one from scratch and see if the problem persists.

I haven't touched the items.otb. I even re-downloaded the distro and took the original items.otb to be sure.

I created a new map with dirt (355) ground and put one fish on it and it gave me the same error.

** FIXED ** (kind of)
I opened the map that came with the distro and it says...
So I tried fixing an error I had with RME Map Editor where I couldn't change the text on the signs.
Someone linked me the 760 data folder (fixed) and everything worked great at first, I could change the text on signs again!

But then I realized that some items stops the server from starting if I put them out in the editor. Like pots, some food, some jewelry. Only some items.

I can summon the items perfectly ingame, they even have the same ID both in the editor and ingame.

I have even tried to re-install and delete everything that is RME, even the items.otb in the server but the problem still persists.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

rUhioQW.png

I'd check compare your items.xml in your distro to the items.xml in RME directory and make sure it's the same.

Also the 'data/data/world/Jompi2.otbm' is wrong, should correct the otbm path entry in your config.lua so it just searches in 'data/world'.

I'd check compare your items.xml in your distro to the items.xml in RME directory and make sure it's the same.

Also the 'data/data/world/Jompi2.otbm' is wrong, should correct the otbm path entry in your config.lua so it just searches in 'data/world'.

Yeah, they both are the same. I have checked it multiple times.

Also I don't know why it tells me "data/data" since it works perfectly fine when I delete the 2667 item.

Yeah, they both are the same. I have checked it multiple times.

Also I don't know why it tells me "data/data" since it works perfectly fine when I delete the 2667 item.
Then it's probably something with the items.otb. Try replacing the RME items.otb with a copy of the one in your distro. Otherwise it may just be corrupt.

Then it's probably something with the items.otb. Try replacing the RME items.otb with a copy of the one in your distro. Otherwise it may just be corrupt.

I have.. I have even re-downloaded the distro AND the RME and replacing the .otb and .xml from the distro. Nothing works.

It's really strange.

I have.. I have even re-downloaded the distro AND the RME and replacing the .otb and .xml from the distro. Nothing works.

It's really strange.

Which distro you using? If you are using the files I sent you they only work for OTHire. The issue is the items.otb version, OTHire make use of a not default otb version for 7.6. If you using another distro, you can still use those files, but swap items.otb for the RME default one.

Which distro you using? If you are using the files I sent you they only work for OTHire. The issue is the items.otb version, OTHire make use of a not default otb version for 7.6. If you using another distro, you can still use those files, but swap items.otb for the RME default one.

Yeah, I was using the files you sent me in the other thread I made. And I am using OTHire.

Yeah, I was using the files you sent me in the other thread I made. And I am using OTHire.

If that's the case you shouldn't have issues. You changed items.otb in the server? If you did, that might be the issue. Pools, vials, and some other items had different settings on different otb versions, OTHire uses the settings of 8.6 servers, despite being a 7.6/7.72. You should use default items.otb in the server and change the RME one. Else it might be something wrong with the map, try to create one from scratch and see if the problem persists.

I haven't touched the items.otb. I even re-downloaded the distro and took the original items.otb to be sure.

I created a new map with dirt (355) ground and put one fish on it and it gave me the same error.

** FIXED ** (kind of)
I opened the map that came with the distro and it says that the map is a 8.00 version (even though I don't have 8.00 client installed). And I imported my map into it and now it works..
Guess I shouldn't change the map properties client from 8.00.

I have no idea what is going on but it works now, lol.

Solution

** FIXED ** (kind of)
I opened the map that came with the distro and it says that the map is a 8.00 version (even though I don't have 8.00 client installed). And I imported my map into it and now it works..
Guess I shouldn't change the map properties client from 8.00.

I have no idea what is going on but it works now, lol.
You following this How to use RME for this OTServer · TwistedScorpio/OTHire Wiki · GitHub, right?

Bump i have this problem, i changed 8.00 to 7.6 now i can't revert it to 8.00 because loads 8.00 otb, and.. if i remove the folder of the 8.00 in preferences the editor closes, im stuck right now.

PS: I need change dimensions of the default map that comming with OThire because my map is 8000x8000, thats my problem, i can't do that @Jompi do.

@Peonso

This is solved. If you have a different problem then create your own Support thread.
Read the board rules.
Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back