• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[RME] ERROR UBUNTU

Scremo

Reaction score
I am having the following error when opening RME on UBUNTU

"./rme: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread-gcc42-mt-1_34_1.so.1.34.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

help meee

The error is self-explanatory. You don't have boost library installed.

First things first, I will tell you what I suggest any person using any unix-like systems. If you have the choice between pre-compiled software and source code, go for the latter. If you try to compile it without dependencies, it will tell you instantly.

Next thing I suggest is to use search (I mean Google). And I'm not saying this because I'm too lazy to help you, but to give you the answer much faster. If you searched for "remeres map editor ubuntu" the first page listed would be the repo, with Readme, where you'd see there's a guide for Ubuntu. It does refer to compiling, but if you need these libs for compilation, you most likely also need them to run the piece of software.

Compiling on Ubuntu · hjnilsson/rme Wiki · GitHub

Here you will find list of dependencies and even the complete command (set of commands) to install them on Ubuntu.

Back