• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux RME - Libboost error at launch

ategra

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm pretty new to Linux, and I haven't hosted an OT server in almost 10 years. Amazingly I got forgottenserver v1.2 (for 8.6) to work with ubuntu 14.04.

The problem is the RME (remeres map editor). I downloaded it straight from remeres website (RME-debian-2.1.tar.gz).

When I navigate my way into the folder via the terminal and write
Code:
 sudo ./rme
I get the error:
Code:
./rme: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread-gcc42-mt-1_34_1.so.1.34.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Google told me to try stuff like
Code:
apt-get install libboost-all-dev

Code:
apt-get install libboost1.42-dev libboost-system1.42-dev libboost-filesystem1.42-dev libboost-date-time1.42-dev libboost-regex1.42-dev libboost-thread1.42-dev libgmp3-dev liblua5.1-0 liblua5.1-0-dev liblua50 liblua50-dev liblualib50 liblualib50-dev lua50 lua5.1 libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libmysql++-dev libmysqlclient-dev mysql-client-5.1 mysql-server-5.1 mysql-common libxml2-dev libxml++2.6-dev cpp gcc g++ make automake autoconf pkg-config subversion liblua5.1-sql-mysql-dev liblua5.1-sql-sqlite3-dev zlib1g-dev zlib1g libcrypto++-dev libcrypto++8

Code:
apt-get install libboost-thread1.34.1

I have also tried reinstalling libboost.

Seems others had success with these suggestions, I did not.

Anoyne know why?

So a little bit of an update. I had to reinstall Ubuntu. I tweaked until nothing worked. I still have the same problem after reinstall, so I'd presume every Linux user will have this problem on a fresh install of everything. Like I said, I'm pretty new to Linux, so hope someone can help here.

Back