• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved RME Missing Sprites

Seckan

Reaction score
Sorry for the newbish question, but I haven't touched OTServers in like 5-6 years, so I'm pretty rusty and I have to update myself a lot :p

Anyways, I've always liked mapping and I thought I could do it now for fun, so I downloaded Remere's Map editor from here but I can't find all the new content (I imported 10.98 files)

For example, I would like to use the stuff that is circled in red, like the walls, floor tiles, square bushes, but nowhere to be found on RME.
JkR3tFz.png
Any idea how to add them?

SOLVED:
There's an extension that add mosts of missing sprites to their "correct" category, you can find it here:
https://otland.net/threads/rme-3-0-any-client-remeres-map-editor-modification.235972/

Thank you all for your help :)

Last edited:
Have you tried:
Righ click on item -> select raw/somebrush ?

Make sure you are on the same floor level as the items (floor 7 probably)

Have you tried:
Righ click on item -> select raw/somebrush ?

Make sure you are on the same floor level as the items (floor 7 probably)

That would definitely work, but I don't have a map with those sprites to try it on (the image I uploaded I took it from the same thread I downloaded RME)
Besides, with that way I could only ""copy"" sprites, if I wanted to use one that is not on the map im taking the brush from, I wont be able to find it myself.

If you choose the correct client version and your RME supports it, then it's most likely in raw/others.
I'd recommend looking for RokojoM's RME extension mod, which has many of these sprites moved into their correct doodad/item brushes and having them in appropriate raw tilesets.

Besides, the NEWEST ones weren't updated on RME I believe, so your only try is to find as newest extension as possible, throw it into the version you want.
AKA a 10.77 extension > data/10.98 of RME.
The missing ones will be ordered by ID's in raw/others.
EDIT: You also need items.xml updated with names for all objects, which once again, isn't released to public, if you want to search by their names. And new servers which do have them made them on their own, with no plans to release.

So you need to find those items id.

There are possible solutions:
1. Find those item on ots map, and check theirs ids
2. Download some map that contains those items
3. If you know name of those items, you can find them in file items.xml (Only if they were added there, sometimes the new items are missing)

If you successfully find the things you are interested and there aren't brushes for them you have to:

1. Make walls manual Rambo style from raw pallete
2. Find some brush pack on google and add it to your RME
3. Create brush by yourself -> From my experience, I had to do one brush, I haven't found any good tutorial, but It wasn't so hard in overall (But time-consuming)

If you choose the correct client version and your RME supports it, then it's most likely in raw/others.
I'd recommend looking for RokojoM's RME extension mod, which has many of these sprites moved into their correct doodad/item brushes and having them in appropriate raw tilesets.

Besides, the NEWEST ones weren't updated on RME I believe, so your only try is to find as newest extension as possible, throw it into the version you want.
AKA a 10.77 extension > data/10.98 of RME.
The missing ones will be ordered by ID's in raw/others.
EDIT: You also need items.xml updated with names for all objects, which once again, isn't released to public, if you want to search by their names. And new servers which do have them made them on their own, with no plans to release.

Thanks! just downloaded the extension you mentioned and it's working great so far, exactly what I needed.

So you need to find those items id.

There are possible solutions:
1. Find those item on ots map, and check theirs ids
2. Download some map that contains those items
3. If you know name of those items, you can find them in file items.xml (Only if they were added there, sometimes the new items are missing)

If you successfully find the things you are interested and there aren't brushes for them you have to:

1. Make walls manual Rambo style from raw pallete
2. Find some brush pack on google and add it to your RME
3. Create brush by yourself -> From my experience, I had to do one brush, I haven't found any good tutorial, but It wasn't so hard in overall (But time-consuming)

I really don't mind making things from raw palette, results are better IMO but it's more time consuming.

PS. If anyone need the extension you can download it here, I'll mark this as solved :p

Back