• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows RME on Windows 11

E

Evil Puncker

is anyone else having a hard time with RME on Windows 11?

I've tried everything that worked 100% on my old PC that had Windows 10 installed...

today I went to finally open a map with the exact same RME from old pc, but

1686195702751.png

and

1686195717768.png

saving Preferences of client location is not working either

and probably every obvious stuff you might ask, yes I've tried/checked almost everything

the issue probably is not RME fault as I've tested with both RME from OTA and RME master and both gave same result, so my bet is W11 fault

• map opens fine (no spawns/house thought)
  • even if i create a new blank map and save, same error when opening
  • importing map doesn't fix
  • file names/locations are correct
  • I've used THE SAME files (RME+maps) in the old PC and it worked fine, no changes were done other than new OS
  • I've compiled all RME myself, didn't help either
  • my client files are ok, as I said before, they WERE WORKING JUST FINE

I really don't know what to do lol, hope someone really has a solution to this

is anyone else having a hard time with RME on Windows 11?

I've tried everything that worked 100% on my old PC that had Windows 10 installed...

today I went to finally open a map with the exact same RME from old pc, but

View attachment 76030

and

View attachment 76031

saving Preferences of client location is not working either

and probably every obvious stuff you might ask, yes I've tried/checked almost everything

the issue probably is not RME fault as I've tested with both RME from OTA and RME master and both gave same result, so my bet is W11 fault

• map opens fine (no spawns/house thought)
  • even if i create a new blank map and save, same error when opening
  • importing map doesn't fix
  • file names/locations are correct
  • I've used THE SAME files (RME+maps) in the old PC and it worked fine, no changes were done other than new OS
  • I've compiled all RME myself, didn't help either
  • my client files are ok, as I said before, they WERE WORKING JUST FINE

I really don't know what to do lol, hope someone really has a solution to this

Hello, since Windows 11 came out I have been using it without problems, what version of Windows are you using?

Edición Windows 11 Pro
Versión 22H2
Compilación del SO 22621.1702
Experiencia Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

Have you tried with the map editor opentibiabr?
RME opentibiabr.com

I've been using it since day 1 without any issue. I remember the editor crashing on W11 beta/early days (cant remember) but nothing like what you are showing and it fixed long ago.

Is Windows reporting any issue on Event Viewer at the time this happens? maybe Windows antivirus is messing with RME?- try disabling it. You running official W11 version legally activated? Windows/chipset drivers updated? Tryed disabling UAC and running from an admin account?

In any way - W10 is better. Run away from 11 while you can. It's too late for me to swap now but save yourself from it.

Last edited:
Is Windows reporting any issue on Event Viewer at the time this happens? maybe Windows antivirus is messing with RME?- try disabling it. You running official W11 version legally activated? Windows/chipset drivers updated? Tryed disabling UAC and running from an admin account?
yes, I've tried everything, no success

In any way - W10 is better. Run away from 11 while you can. It's too late for me to swap now but save yourself from it.
I'm feeling inclined to do that, but I'll try to find another reason xD I really got a few issues since installation but managed to fix almost everything, really want to give w11 a chance, but this RME stuff is really driving me nuts

from what I understood, the editor is having issues saving his settings to AppData or something 😵‍💫 running as admin didn't work

It already happened to me when I had w11 and I couldn't open anything kkkkkkkkkkkk

recommends using windows 10 which is even better.. I formatted and installed clean w11,, full of bugs, errors,, not opening any programs and games.... I resolved it and went back to w10, it's safe

It's still 2 years old friend.. I believe that w11 is already going to be official and I'll fix the bug so everyone can download it hahaha
If you want a stable OS, just wait until yours is close to the end of support before going to next (or at least half of these years). Win 10 had thousands of issues I pretty much dodged by holding onto win7 for years and I regret nothing. If microsoft weren't excluding their new tools from win7 on purpose, I'd stay on it for even longer. I still consider win 7 to be superior over its successors.

@Evil Puncker
I've edited OTA mapeditor settings path. Now it doesn't use ' and spaces. Compile and let me know if it fixed the issue

Last edited:
Same problem with dll using item editor for 7.72 and idk why, in the past i remember using the tool, now cant

after further investigation it seems to be related with wxPATH_GET_SEPARATOR

Imagem

w11 expects \\ but RME is using /

rme/iomap_otbm.cpp at master · hampusborgos/rme (https://github.com/hampusborgos/rme/blob/master/source/iomap_otbm.cpp#L928)

hence the general problem with loading/saving configs

1686294266016.png

Long shot but could Onedrive be messing up here?

I remember having issues with someone else computer with a game that was expecting user/documents path to read saves but W11 was saving to /Onedrive/documents instead. Not sure how Windows manages this but RME may not be doing it right?

If this is the case its strange no one complained before though - I can't speak for myself because Onedrive was pretty much one of the first things to nuke out of my Windows11 install lol

My registry looks like this and is working fine. Also, config is loading from registry, no paths involved - just the screenshot directoy and last maps opened.

1686297645152.png

Last edited:
Google Translate is ugly, haha. I edited and updated it there.
Post automatically merged:

If you want a stable OS, just wait until yours is close to the end of support before going to next (or at least half of these years). Win 10 had thousands of issues I pretty much dodged by holding onto win7 for years and I regret nothing. If microsoft weren't excluding their new tools from win7 on purpose, I'd stay on it for even longer. I still consider win 7 to be superior over its successors.
I'm already aware. I will wait for Microsoft to release an official version, rather than a beta, when I download it. Beta versions are often filled with errors and bugs, and I couldn't open anything. I tried formatting and doing a clean installation, but it didn't solve anything. I decided to revert back to Windows 10. I will wait for the official release.

Last edited:
Long shot but could Onedrive be messing up here?

I remember having issues with someone else computer with a game that was expecting user/documents path to read saves but W11 was saving to /Onedrive/documents instead. Not sure how Windows manages this but RME may not be doing it right?

If this is the case its strange no one complained before though - I can't speak for myself because Onedrive was pretty much one of the first things to nuke out of my Windows11 install lol

My registry looks like this and is working fine. Also, config is loading from registry, no paths involved - just the screenshot directoy and last maps opened.

View attachment 76064
same here, onedrive was the first thing I nuked out as well lol

now you just shattered my hope 🥹 maybe its time to quit OTs for good

thanks to zbizu I was able to figure out the issue:

if map path name contains non english characters, it will bug

for example: C:/user/Área de trabalho/ot/data/world

the "Á" will be read as "Ã"

if map is anywhere else it will load properly

Good morning my friend. In Windows 11, is everything working normally? For example, RME, MSV 2022 and other programs for editing SPR and DAT? I saw that the latest version of Windows 11 came out and it's better than before. I'm thinking of formatting my PC as I'm afraid that some programs won't work

Back