• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME problem after editing xml files

inf raiden

Reaction score
I'm just getting into mapping and I'm trying to create some new brushes by altering xml files (grounds and tilesets), and I got the first brush working perfectly - a new cobblestone sprite that didnt originally have a brush in RME. But when I tried to create the second brush I didn't get it to work, and it messed up all other brushes in the editor - I can't even place walls anymore, only the pillars get drawn.
I already tried reinstalling RME but that problem persisted. Seems very weird to me.
If any talented mappers know what's going on I'd be happy to help. I really enjoy mapping, I spent the last week building a little city with lots of passion! Hope to get some answers, thanks so much!problem.png,
Post automatically merged:

In the open space between the fenceposts and the wooden pillars in the picture I placed Steel bars - they don't show up at all.

Solution
You might of accidentally turned auto border off, if you turn that off it will place walls like that. It can be turned on and off with the A shortcut.
You might of accidentally turned auto border off, if you turn that off it will place walls like that. It can be turned on and off with the A shortcut.

Solution
Back