• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Rookgaard npc

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
I cannot get futher, the npc woun't let me talk to him even tho i have the amount of legs he asks for.
Tfs 1.3
69b24a2716842f9cbd606220240347d0.png

a5041dd6742c59024be8f6722c1391ad.png

cockroach
Lua:
function onKill(creature, target)
    local monsterTarget = Monster(target)
    if not monsterTarget then
        return true
    end

if monsterTarget:getName():lower() ~= 'cockroach' then
        return true
    end

local player = creature:getPlayer()
    if player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.cockroachKillStorage) < 1 then
        player:sendTutorial(8)
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.cockroachKillStorage, 1)

elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.cockroachKillStorage) == 1 then
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, 'You can also automatically chase after selected creatures by clicking the \'chase opponent\' button in the Combat Controls menu.')
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.cockroachKillStorage, 2)
        player:sendTutorial(18)
        player:sendTutorial(38)
    end
    return true
end

NPC
Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()        npcHandler:onThink()        end

local voices = {
    { text = 'Evil little beasts... I hope someone helps me fight them.' },
    { text = 'Nasty creepy crawlies!' },
    { text = 'Hey! You over there, could you help me with a little quest? Just say \'hi\' or \'hello\' to talk to me!' },
    { text = 'Don\'t be shy, can\'t hurt to greet me with \'hello\' or \'hi\'!' }
}
npcHandler:addModule(VoiceModule:new(voices))

local storeTalkCid = {}
local function greetCallback(cid)
    local player = Player(cid)
    if player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) < 1 then
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 1)
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 1)
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Hello |PLAYERNAME|, nice to see you on Rookgaard! I saw you walking by and wondered if you could help me. Could you? Please, say {yes}!")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 0
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 1 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Oh, |PLAYERNAME|, it's you again! It's probably impolite to disturb a busy adventurer like you, but I really need help. Please, say {yes}!")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 0
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 2 then
        npcHandler:say("Oh, what's wrong? As I said, simply go to my house south of here and go upstairs. Then come back and we'll continue our chat.", cid)
        Position(32033, 32277, 6):sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TUTORIALARROW)
        return false
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 3 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back, |PLAYERNAME|! Ahh, you found my chest. Let me take a look at you. You put on that coat, {yes}?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 2
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 4 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Hey, I want to give you a weapon for free! You should not refuse that, in fact you should say '{yes}'!")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 2
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 5 then
        npcHandler:say("I've forgotten to tell you something. Of course I need proof that you killed cockroaches. Please bring me at least 3 of their legs. Good luck!", cid)
        return false
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 6 then
        if player:removeItem(8710, 3) then
            npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Good job! For that, I'll grant you 100 experience points! Oh - what was that? I think you advanced a level, {right}?")
            player:addExperience(100, true)
            player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_GIFT_WRAPS)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 5)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 7)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 4
        else
            npcHandler:say("I've forgotten to tell you something. Of course I need proof that you killed cockroaches. Please bring me at least 3 of their legs. Good luck!", cid)
            return false
        end
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 7 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back! Where were we... ? Ah, right, I asked you if you saw your 'level up'! You did, {right}?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 4
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 8 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back! Where were we... ? Ah, right, I asked you if those nasty cockroaches {hurt} you! Did they?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 5
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 9 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back! Where were we... ? Ah, right, I asked you if I should demonstrate some damage on you. Let's do it, {okay}?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 6
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 10 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back! Where were we... ? Ah, right, I was about to show you how you regain health, right?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 7
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 11 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back! Where were we... ? Ah, right, I gave you a fish to eat?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 8
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 12 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Welcome back! Where were we... ? Ah, right, I asked you if you saw Zirella! Did you?")
        storeTalkCid[cid] = 9
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage) == 13 then
        npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Hello again, |PLAYERNAME|! It's great to see you. If you like, we can chat a little. Just use the highlighted {keywords} again to choose a {topic}.")
    end
    return true
end

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end

local player = Player(cid)
    if isInArray({"yes", "right", "ok"}, msg) then
        if storeTalkCid[cid] == 0 then
            npcHandler:say("Great, please go to my house, just a few steps south of here. Upstairs in my room, you'll find a chest. You can keep what you find inside of it! Come back after you got it and greet me to talk to me again. {Yes}?", cid)
            Position(32033, 32277, 6):sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TUTORIALARROW)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 1
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 1 then
            npcHandler:say("Alright! Do you see the button called 'Quest Log'? There you can check the status of quests, like this one. {Bye} for now!", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 2)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 2)
            player:sendTutorial(3)
            npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
            npcHandler:resetNpc(cid)
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 2 then
            if player:getItemCount(2651) > 0 then
                local coatSlot = player:getSlotItem(CONST_SLOT_ARMOR)
                if coatSlot then
                    npcHandler:say("Ah, no need to say anything, I can see it suits you perfectly. Now we're getting to the fun part, let's get you armed! Are you ready for some {action}?", cid)
                    player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 4)
                    storeTalkCid[cid] = 3
                else
                    npcHandler:say("Oh, you don't wear it properly yet. You need to drag and drop it from your bag to your armor slot. Here, let me show you again. Is it a little {clearer} now?", cid)
                    player:sendTutorial(5)
                    storeTalkCid[cid] = 2
                end
            else
                player:addItem(2651, 1)
                npcHandler:say("Oh no, did you lose my coat? Well, lucky you, I have a spare one here. Don't lose it again! Now we're getting to the fun part, let's get you armed! Are you ready for some {action}?", cid)
                storeTalkCid[cid] = 3
            end
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 3 then
            npcHandler:say("I knew I could count on you. Here, take this good and sturdy weapon in your hand. Then go back to my house and down the ladder. Good luck, and {bye} for now!", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 4)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 5)
            Position(32036, 32277, 6):sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TUTORIALARROW)
            player:addItem(2382, 1)
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 4 then
            npcHandler:say("That's just great! Now you have more health points, can carry more stuff and walk faster. Talking about health, did you get {hurt} by those cockroaches?", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 8)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 6)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 5
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 5 then
            npcHandler:say("Really? You look fine to me, must have been just a scratch. Well, there are much more dangerous monsters than cockroaches out there. Take a look at your status bar. You have 155 Health right now. I'll show you something, {yes}?", cid)
            player:sendTutorial(19)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 9)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 7)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 6
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 6 then
            npcHandler:say("This is an important lesson from me - an experienced veteran fighter. Take this! Look at your status bar again. As you can see, you've lost health. Now I'll tell you how to heal that, {yes}?", cid)
            player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MORTAREA)
            Npc():getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MORTAREA)
            player:addHealth(-20)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 10)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 8)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 7
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 7 then
            npcHandler:say({
                "Here, take this fish which I've caught myself. Find it in your inventory, then 'Use' it to eat it. This will slowly refill your health. ...",
                "By the way: If your hitpoints are below 150, you will regenerate back to 150 hitpoints after few seconds as long as you are not hungry, outside a protection zone and do not have a battle sign. {Easy}, yes?"
            }, cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 9)
            player:addItem(2667, 1)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 11)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 8
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 8 then
            npcHandler:say("I knew you'd get it right away. You can loot food from many creatures, such as deer and rabbits. You can find them in the forest nearby. By the way... have you seen {Zirella}?", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 12)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 10)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 9
        elseif storeTalkCid[cid] == 9 then
            npcHandler:say("Really?? She was looking for someone to help her. Maybe you could go and see her. She lives just to the east and down the mountain. So, thank you again and {bye} for now!", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 13)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 11)
            player:addMapMark(Position(32045, 32270, 6), MAPMARK_GREENSOUTH, "To Zirella")
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "hurt") then
        if storeTalkCid[cid] == 6 then
            npcHandler:say("This is an important lesson from me - an experienced veteran fighter. Take this! Look at your status bar again. As you can see, you've lost health. Now I'll tell you how to heal that, {yes}?", cid)
            player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MORTAREA)
            Npc():getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MORTAREA)
            player:addHealth(-20)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 8)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 7
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "action") then
        if storeTalkCid[cid] == 3 then
            npcHandler:say("I knew I could count on you. Here, take this good and sturdy weapon in your hand. Then go back to my house and down the ladder. Good luck, and {bye} for now!", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 4)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 5)
            Position(32036, 32277, 6):sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TUTORIALARROW)
            player:addItem(2382, 1)
        end
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "easy") then
        if storeTalkCid[cid] == 8 then
            npcHandler:say("I knew you'd get it right away. You can loot food from many creatures, such as deer and rabbits. You can find them in the forest nearby. By the way... have you seen {Zirella}?", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoNpcGreetStorage, 11)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.RookgaardTutorialIsland.SantiagoQuestLog, 10)
            storeTalkCid[cid] = 9
        end
    end
    return true
end

local function onReleaseFocus(cid)
    storeTalkCid[cid] = nil
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_ONRELEASEFOCUS, onReleaseFocus)

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "Take care, |PLAYERNAME|!.")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "Good bye traveller, and enjoy your stay on Rookgaard.")

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Sorry, I was trying to be helpful on mobile.
The file I meant was login.lua in creaturescripts.
Make sure that this is in your /creaturescripts/login.lua (mine is in /creaturescripts/scripts/others/login.lua).
Lua:
-- Events
player:registerEvent("AdvanceRookgaard")

Sorry, I was trying to be helpful on mobile.
The file I meant was login.lua in creaturescripts.
Make sure that this is in your /creaturescripts/login.lua (mine is in /creaturescripts/scripts/others/login.lua).
Lua:
-- Events
player:registerEvent("AdvanceRookgaard")
It did not work,

i did not have that, will try now. this comes up when i use screen -x tfs
d8e1a56b0325df6800fdb6a942d751c1.png

Last edited:
Back