• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rookville - Host & Release! [Complete]

Eldin

Eldin Projects
Premium User
Reaction score
logo_zpse7ea2df8.png
RookWar servers have been seen throughout the years and I have made several myself, last year Rookville came alive. Rookville would be my view of a "RookWar" server where War, RPG and fun systems combine into something fun and unique, a place where you fight harder monsters and PvP on lower levels.

A promise was given last time and I still intend to hold that promise, Rookville will be released.
Here follows a link to last years Rookville:
http://otland.net/threads/france-rookville-10-35-currently-offline.212612/

Rookville 2014 challenged an amount of bugs ( :eek: EEEK
latest
) and errors right from the start due to a small amount of Alpha/Beta testing and a huge amount of new systems. Hours and hours was consumed to smash the bugs and make general gameplay work as it should instead of adding new content as for example. A Changelog can be found in the second post with facts and information what really went on behind the curtains while it was online and some hints what I've been up to. Real Life called upon me after last time and thats the simple reason why it has been a while and why you haven't heard from me about Rookville. Alot of people have been creating custom servers and projects lately but yet many including me fail to complete them due to different reasons, therefor, I turned it around, Rookville is COMPLETE and ready for another round!

Rookville is now Updated to the latest TFS 1.X series, Client 10.41.
Basicly every note from my To Do List (TDL) has been added and created, the TDL is based on your last gaming experience, your requests and my ideas during the time it was online and offline.
Requests regarding new content has not been unseen but yet not added as I wanted to complete everything else first instead of working on something new along old bugs, I do have a plan and hope to complete the new content upon the Third Step in my 5 Steps Golden Plan. o_O

Step 1 - Host 1
latest

Rookville - Super HMM Version
Upon the very beginning of Rookville 2014 I changed the Spells and Runes to have improved effects but forgot the damage within the Heavy Magic Missile, it shot 5 times with the normal tibia damage per time and the players seemed to enjoy it, it was later changed due to balance issues and due to the fact that it was seen as a bug from my point of view. Alot of hate was brought towards me upon the change so I will now bring you the Super HMM Version once again!

Start: When do you want it to start? Its ready to go.
Host Time: As long as people play.
Issues: The server might crash due to new functions and updated to TFS 1.X series.
Goal: Remove the last bugs and see if people would have kept loving it, I have to admit, it was pretty fun.

Step 2 - Host 2
latest

Rookville - Highrate
Once you had enough of the first step, I'll bring a highrate version, a full scale war, who doesn't love to PvP? Its afterall a RookWar type of a server so it has to be fully working for this purpose as well.
This will be in hope to bring even more people and to push the server too see if it will crash.
What rates would you like to see? XP, Skills and Loot, maybe exp stages? I don't normaly do highrates so help me out.

Start: Right after Step 1.
Issues: The server might crash due to full scale wars.
Goal: Remove the last bugs.

Step 3 - Host 3
latest

Rookville - Normal
Now, when it should be bugfree, it'll be hosted as its supposed to be and hopefully with a new content.

Start: Right after Step 2.
Issues: Should be none!
Goal: Have it online right as it should be without issues!

Step 4 - Host 3
latest

Rookville - Release

During Step 3, while its online, I'll release it for the Community for free download.
Anyone can then login to try it before/after downloading it.

Step 5
latest

Next Project

Hopefully completed my next project for a Beta at this stage. Alot of the systems from Rookville will be used on the next server as well, therefor its even more important to crush the evil bugs!

My intention is to give something back to the Community.
I hope that this wont scare anyone from playing but rather give a feeling of months of fun gameplay and hopefully more fun servers out there to play.

I have a few Questions that I would love to see your answer upon:

Question: When would you like the first step of Rookville to start?
Answer:

Question: What rates would you like to see in the Highrate version?
Answer:

Question: Anything else you'd like to see in the Rookville server?
Answer:

My next project is about 50% done, it should be complete when we reach step 5 as Rookville shouldn't take too much of my spare time. Please bring any ideas and suggestions towards the server or anything else related, thank you in advance.

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps9c8d3e30.png

Last edited:
Changelog:

Code:
ROOKVILLE PROGRESS LOGG:
--------------
(First part was removed due to more then 10.000 letters)

---SERVER ONLINE---

NEW PROGRESS FOR ROOKVILLE 10:35:
-New Temple Position Fixed as you came back to the Isle of Destiny at Death.
-Created a /save Command.
-Created GlobalSave.
-Fixed Issues with HP Focus and Mana Focus.
-Edited Frenzy NPC as information was wrong.
-Doubled the "Filled" given when eating Food.
-Fixed a House Bug.
-Alot of MapBugs and Small Issues Fixed.
-Healing Runes now Heals on Target Twice Instead of onGround.
-Fixed Pick Hole Issue.
-ChangeSex now cost 1 Premium Day instead of 3 to use.
-Emerald Bangle can now be Equipped on the Ring Slot.
-Fixed a Ring of Healing Issue.
-Small Stones added in Distance Shop. (To Train with)
-All Vocations now get SpellBook at FirstLogin.
--
New Progress for Rookville 10.35:
-Re-Made ALL Spells and Runes in LvL, Cost and Damage.
-Changed Frag Decrease Time, supposed to be 8 hours.
-Alot of Bugs, MapBugs and Map Improvements Fixed.
--
-All Monsters has been updated to a NEW MonsterPack.
-Fixed the Warlock lever Quest, wasen't removing the Wall.
-A Certain Important Place in Premium Area has been fixed so you get there easier.
-Added New and Missing Quests to Questlog.
-SoftBoots Quest are working properly now.
-2 Raids in the City Created.
-2 Raids in the Event Area.
-New Big Orc Quest in Orc Land Created!
-Fixed some Item Issues that caused Debug.
-Added and Changed some Small Spawns.
-Fixed alot of Mapbugs and other issues.
--
-About 10 New Houses Created. (Free Area + Premium Area)
-2 Guild Houses Created. (Both in Free Account Areas)
-NPC Jessica Created that Sells Rings and Amulets as well as Buys Jewels.
-All Spells are now Free Account Use.
-Re-Made ALL Potions, you will gain LESS each "Hit" per Potion but More in total the Real Tibia.
-All NPCs Updated to say Random Stuff without speaking with them.
-MapBugs, Map Improvements, Spawns and other Issues/Fixes.
--
-Furniture NPC Edvard Created by the Depot.
-Brown Mushrooms can now be bought from the Food NPC, Bager.
-Updated the Questlog.
-Improved Raids.
-Fixed some Bugs and Issues.
--
-All Spells, Runes and Mana Costs has been Re-Balanced, Changed and Improved.
-Paladins has been given more Support by more Arrows, Bolts, Bows and Crossbows instead of Spear in the Shop.
-Spears have a higher breakchance then before. (Can still use them but not as effective, Knights are the true blockers)
-A Monster Counter now keeps track of how many monsters you have killed of each.
-The Premium Account (First Prem and Achivement) Issues has been fixed.
-Some other Bugs and Errors ahve also been dealt with.
--
-Re-Made Chat Channels so they provide the right texts when open.
-Continued the balance of Spells.
-Added more Support for Arrows and Bolts in the Distance Shop to provide Paladins with their Ammo.
-Raised Breakchance on Spears as Paladins are better blockers then Knights, they should focus on Bow/X-Bow.
-Made it possible to get the Donkey Mount, a "Raid" spawns the Incredible Old Witch who will transform into a Donkey, once she does, use the Bag of Apples to get the Donkey!
-Improved the Raids abit.
-Some other small fixes.
--
-Re-Fixed ALL Spells and Runes as they cause the Crashes.
-Bank NPC Jefrey Created.
-Wild Horses set in a Raid to get your own Horse Mount.
-Rent a Horse, Dundee in the City - 24h = 500gp.
-A few Improvements Made.
--
-House Rent. (DAILY) -Small House: 500gp - Medium House: 1000gp - Big House - 1500gp - GH - 2000gp
-Make it harder to StairJump in certain locations.
-Update the Event Area Alot.
-Continue the Work of the New Island.
-More Fixes.
--
-Vocation Balancing.
-Rope Holes on a few StairJump hotspots to Prevent Easy StairJump.
-Monster Spawn Changes to prevent StairJump until a solution is set.
-New Lizard Spawn.
-Demon now runs Faster.
-Re-Made the entire Event-Area to make it cooler and avoid StairJump.
-House Price now 100GP Per SQM to Buy instead of 50GP per SQM.
-NPC that buys loads of random stuff like monster incredience etc.
-Re-Made the Door and Created a Teleport by the SoftBoots quest to prevent abuse.
-New Dragon Raid Created.
-New Mage Raid Created.
-Other Bugs and Issues solved.

---OFFLINE---

-GlobalSave Improved and Set for each 30 Minutes.
-Movements Folder Custom Created and Re-Directed.
-MapMarkings Updated with New Quests, NPCs and Areas.
-Improved Tile around the SoftBoots Quest to avoid Logout on Spot.
-Created Script to Teleport Player from Premium Area if Player becomes Free Account.
-All Keys that can be found are now Quests instead of Map-Spawns.
-Lowered Knight Spell Annihilation to make it more balanced.
-Updated the Bank NPC to be more understandable.
-Updated SellLoot NPC Shad to Buy a few more things.
-Mages now got a Pair of Legs at the Start instead of Spellbook as everyone gets it on FirstLogin.
-Addon NPC Updated, Improved and Re-Checked ALL Items.
-Warmaster Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Wayfarer Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Afflicted Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Elementalist Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Deepling Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Insectoid Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Entrepreneur Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Crystal Warlord Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Soil Guardian Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Demon Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Cave Explorer Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Dream Warden Addon added at the Addon NPC.
-Spells has been Updated with LvL, Mana Costs and Cooldowns to get a Greater Balance.
-Improved the NPC who buys Random Loot to buy alot of more stuff.
-Sugar Oats can now be gained like Real Tibia.
-Added Sugar Canes to the Map.
-War Horse can now be gained by using the Sugar Oats like Real Tibia.
-HP Focus and Mana Focus now Tics for 30 Seconds (30 Soul), then you have to repeat the Spell.
-Set Warning Signs by the UnderWater Area.
-Added Bonebeasts. (Due to Addon)
-Added more Tortoises. (Due to Addon)
-Added Frost Giant and Frost Giantess at the Premium Area to recieve Ice Shards for Norseman Outfit.
-New Raid in the Event Area, Pirates!
-Removed the Pirate Addon from the Quest, you now get the Items from the Raid like real tibia.
-Added the Belongings Bag to reviece items for the Afflicted Outfit.
-Plague Bell and Plague Mask can now be Clicked to get the Affliced Outfits.
-Helmet of the Deep can now be bought for 5000GP at August, in the General Store.
-CA1 and CA2 added to the Special NPC to recieve the Crystal Warlord Outfit.
-MA1 and MA2 added to the Special NPC to recieve the Soil Guardian Outfit.
-The Bag, Belongings of a deceased Added to Tibiora's Box (Rare) to recieve Plague Mask and the Plague Bell.
-Belogings Bag Added to give random Items.
-Tribal Crest and Serpent Crest replaced the old "Pirate Items" Quest.
-Dream Warden Claw and Dream Warden Mask replaced the old "Pirate Items" Quest.
-Questlog updated with the replacing Quests.
-Plague Mask and Plague Bell can now be clicked to obtain the Afflicted Outfit.
-MA1 and MA2 can now be right clicked to obtain the Soil Guardian Outfit.
-CA1 and CA2 can now be right clicked to obtain the Crystal Warlord Outfit.
-Mad Mage added to the Mage Raid for Addon Items.
-Raging Mage added to the Mage Raid for Addon Items.
-The Special NPC Eroth now keep secrets about a few more Items.
-Beds added to every House. (Means Offline Training)
-Trainer Statues added above Temple for Offline Training.
-Basicly all Addons and Mounts should now be Obtainable.
--

SERVER UPDATED TO CLIENT 10.41 AND NEW TFS 1.1!

New Progress for Rookville 10.41:
-Speechbubbles Working.
-Updated some Movement Scripts.
-Updated Global Scripts.
-Updated Action Scripts.
-Added !exp TalkAction.
-Added !mana TalkAction.
-Updated Spells and Spells.xml.
-Updated Tibiora's Box.
-Updated Socket System.
-Added Skill Point System. (Eldin's Next Generation Systems)
-Added !skillpoints TalkAction.
-KD Ratio (From PvP) can be seen upon looking at a Player.
-Map Improvements.
-Added Random Bonus Stats on Loot. (Eldin's Next Generation Systems)
-Updated a few Scripts for new TFS 1.1.
-Added - !rank skill, name - to check player Highscores and Stats ingame.
-Anti High LvL Abuse Added, 40% of targets Max HP may only be taken during attack. (Player VS Player) (Eldin's Fair PvP System)
-Added a small Pet System, autogained from lvl 20.
-In-Game Highscores !highscores added.
--

Last edited:
2 much rook. I am disgusted by the fact that you(probably top 5 of best otland developers) keeps wastign his time on rook servers.

2 much rook. I am disgusted by the fact that you(probably top 5 of best otland developers) keeps wastign his time on rook servers.

It's not a waste of time if he enjoys doing whatever he does. Besides that, he mentioned that some of the functions he tests on Rookville will also be implemented in his upcoming servers, so how exactly is this a waste of time?

I would first of all like to thank you for that comment.
The simple reason why I continued the work on Rookville is mainly because I don't want to release a half made and buggy server, and I do want to release it for others to use even tho its a very small and easy project of mine. Many of the new systems, scripts and functions will be "Copy Pasted" so to speak along to my other projects so that will actually save me alot of time.

Rookville will hopefully be a base for new RookWar servers or simply a Click N Run version for people to use, if I am able to bring that to the community, I don't see it as waste of time. Please also keep in mind that my intention is to remove the last bugs at the first Stage in the plan and hopefully be able to continue at my next upcoming small-middle size project and have it complete along the last steps of Rookville. Once Rookville is released, I'll continue to work on errors and only update it if I and the community really wants me to while I focus on my next projects.

I have loads of half made projects and a huge amount of ideas that I barely began with so its time to complete them one after another and release to the community. I'll probably go for smaller versions of each project to see if people enjoys it rather then spend a huge amount of time on something that people might not enjoy.

Again, thank you for the comment, warms my heart, and a thank you to the people who leaves a comment and likes the post. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I would first of all like to thank you for that comment.
The simple reason why I continued the work on Rookville is mainly because I don't want to release a half made and buggy server, and I do want to release it for others to use even tho its a very small and easy project of mine. Many of the new systems, scripts and functions will be "Copy Pasted" so to speak along to my other projects so that will actually save me alot of time.

Rookville will hopefully be a base for new RookWar servers or simply a Click N Run version for people to use, if I am able to bring that to the community, I don't see it as waste of time. Please also keep in mind that my intention is to remove the last bugs at the first Stage in the plan and hopefully be able to continue at my next upcoming small-middle size project and have it complete along the last steps of Rookville. Once Rookville is released, I'll continue to work on errors and only update it if I and the community really wants me to while I focus on my next projects.

I have loads of half made projects and a huge amount of ideas that I barely began with so its time to complete them one after another and release to the community. I'll probably go for smaller versions of each project to see if people enjoys it rather then spend a huge amount of time on something that people might not enjoy.

Again, thank you for the comment, warms my heart, and a thank you to the people who leaves a comment and likes the post. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.
I remember old tutorials from you i saw and you litterly taught me alot. I am in the ot scene since 07. and I could see your potential to see a server with 500+ people easily handed to you with the amount of knowledge you have. I'd just love to play a server made by you that is just.. something new :)

Great contribution as expected from @Eldin !
Thanks alot for this mate :)
I am sure people will love to use it^^
Kind regards,
Damon

Eldin, I don't use to admire people, but what are you doing is great.

Eldin nice to see you working on it again :) Id suggest if you make high xp version of it you put alot of quests from real like ahni poi maybe in the last rook there was no quest like that :p would be fun and maybe just maybe try to make party hunting better maybe increased loot and exp like u get with each guy 10% less exp 1guy 100exp 2 90 3 80 would be cool something around that :)

Question: When would you like the first step of Rookville to start?
Answer: As soon as possible would be great. I'm really hyped for this OT to start again and I think others are as well.

Question: What rates would you like to see in the Highrate version?
Answer: I'm not very good with rates tbh. Cant help you in that department. =/

Question: Anything else you'd like to see in the Rookville server?
Answer: Yes. Like Destruckto mentioned. Make it worth hunting in teams. Maybe 30% more exp with exp-shared. And then maybe 60% more exp with 3 people in party.

Back